Can someone measure some things for me please?

strattoc

Jan 8, 2011
Cali
I'm deployed right now and dont have a way to measure myself. I have access to some aluminum sheets that were just scrap and I want to make some things. I need a measurement of the cd player area, the whole double din area where the cd player mount screws in (thinking about a gauge pod), also the area where the middle vents are in the dash and lastly on the center console where the ash tray area is. Thanks a million guys!

• Sponsors (?)

I think regardless of the area, you're going to run into problems with a double din unit, or even relocating the single din deck to the top half of the opening. All of the plumbing for your heater and HVAC system seems to be located right behind the knobs and seems to be in the way. At least that's what I gathered when I tried to do the same thing with mine. :(

You should try and make some of the air deflectors that go under the front bumper and direct air up into the rad. Give me a few days and Ill get some measurements for ya. hell, you might even be able to sell some!

I think regardless of the area, you're going to run into problems with a double din unit, or even relocating the single din deck to the top half of the opening. All of the plumbing for your heater and HVAC system seems to be located right behind the knobs and seems to be in the way. At least that's what I gathered when I tried to do the same thing with mine. :(

I thought about removing the cd player completly and just putting gauges and switches right there. But I dont know, I'm kind of up in the air about all that right now.

The area is probably deep enough for gauges. It looks to be about 4" deep if you're putting the dash plate in place of the HVAC controls. Underneath the HVAC area, where the stock tape deck and coin try goes, there's plenty of room. A good 10"-12" of depth to work with I would assume.