Can the clutch pedal easily be unbolted from quadrant while in car?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I need to install my bullitt pedal pad on my clutch. I got the other 3 pedals on with no mods, but the clutch pedal needs to be modified.

I noticed the pedal is held on the shaft by a nut at the end. Can I easily remove the nut, and slide the pedal arm off? Is it that simple?

I know I need to unhook the clutch safety switch as well.

Does anyone have a pic of the clutch pedal assembly outside the car for a clear view of how it all hooks up?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, how bout this? Could I just unbolt the pedal from an sn95 and install it on the fox assembly? Would allow the pad To mount up correctly with no trimming

The nut I am talking about is on the top of thenpic

33145d1189797652-1988-mustang-gt-bypassing-clutch-safety-switch-t5pedals1.jpg

You know Mike, I think you may be onto something! I never thought about swapping the pedals. I would think even if Ford changed the pedals a bit, they would have left the top mounting part the same, the clutch rod and lever, for all fox based cars. Do you have a SN95 pedal assembly? I could try and pull one from my local pick a part and see. Actually, we could just check to see if the quadrant assembly is the same Ford part for Fox and SN95 cars. LMK.

You know Mike, I think you may be onto something! I never thought about swapping the pedals. I would think even if Ford changed the pedals a bit, they would have left the top mounting part the same, the clutch rod and lever, for all fox based cars. Do you have a SN95 pedal assembly? I could try and pull one from my local pick a part and see. Actually, we could just check to see if the quadrant assembly is the same Ford part for Fox and SN95 cars. LMK.

I don't have an assembly now. I only just thought of this last night. Right now, local boneyards are mud pits so i gotta wait a bit before i head over due to going during lunch @ work.

I figure it would be as easy as unbolting that nut, and just sliding the pedal arm off? :shrug:

If that's the case, i'd rather swap arms. My clutch pedal is the pedal i use the most, so i want to make sure the bullitt pedal stays on there well without cutting or glueing