Can the new '05 wear Bullitt rims or 2000 Cobra R rims?

I'm not crazy about the new '05......would of bought one if it looked like the Concept.....the car needs hood and side scoops, a more aggressive front bumper love the concept bumper and definitely nicer wheels.

Will the current wheels like the Bullit and '00 Cobra Rs fit the new '05.

Looks like I'll wait until an '06 or '076 when they decide to come out with a more aggressive looking GT.

Are they making a Boss 302 for '05, if so any spy shots?

Thx
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

The bolt patterns dont match so the wheels don't interchange, although I'm sure aftermarket companies will be making similar style wheels for the new mustang eventually.

Actually I am no fan of the fake hood scoop or side scoops on the Mustang or any car for that matter, if they are there they should be funtional. Buddy if you are only buying a mustang because of wheels and fake scoops getcha a civic and throw some of those on. Just my opinion though.

No Boss or any special edition model for 05 just the GT and Base models, thats it.

The only spy photo I've seen is supposedly a 06 Cobra test mule but that is most likely a photoshop pic.

LOL!

GT5oh said:
Actually I am no fan of the fake hood scoop or side scoops on the Mustang or any car for that matter, if they are there they should be funtional. Buddy if you are only buying a mustang because of wheels and fake scoops getcha a civic and throw some of those on. Just my opinion though.

:lol:

That's kind of what I was thinking...

GT5oh said:
The bolt patterns dont match so the wheels don't interchange, although I'm sure aftermarket companies will be making similar style wheels for the new mustang eventually.

No Boss or any special edition model for 05 just the GT and Base models, thats it.

The only spy photo I've seen is supposedly a 06 Cobra test mule but that is most likely a photoshop pic.

Who cares if you are a fan or not of hood scoops, you are in the minority.

Many people do want them , and they are long time mustang owners.

so, sorry to inform you but youll just have to swallow it.

texaco said:
Who cares if you are a fan or not of hood scoops, you are in the minority.

Many people do want them , and they are long time mustang owners.

so, sorry to inform you but youll just have to swallow it.

Hi texaco this is a forum where people post opinions :nice: , that is my opinion and I know I'm not the only member on this forum who thinks that fake scoops should go but I do know and respect the opinion of others who prefer them. And as last time I checked the mustang with the fake scoops 99-04 is being replaced by a mustang without fake scoops. So I'm not sure what I need to swallow since the new Mustang is designed without them. Maybe you can tell me? :nice:

GT5oh said:
Hi texaco this is a forum where people post opinions :nice: , that is my opinion and I know I'm not the only member on this forum who thinks that fake scoops should go but I do know and respect the opinion of others who prefer them. And as last time I checked the mustang with the fake scoops 99-04 is being replaced by a mustang without fake scoops. So I'm not sure what I need to swallow since the new Mustang is designed without them. Maybe you can tell me? :nice:

Well said. I agree completely.

Has anyone actually done a scoop/no-scoop poll? I can't recall.

Texaco
As for the no-scoop crowd being in the minority:

1. looks like the minority will have it's way for '05 at least.
2. J. Mays is calling the styling shots at ford now. Take a look at the stuff he's done recently (Mazda 6, RX8, Cobra concept, Bronco concept, Ford GT, Freestlye, Five Hundred Sedan, F150). Guess what? No fake scoops. Before joining Ford, he worked in the styling deparments at BMW, Audi and Volkswagen. Not a lot of tacked on styling items found on those vehicles either.

Leave the scoops off I say. That stuff belongs in the aftermarket. If they build an 05+ mustang with it, I wouldn't take it if they were giving it away.

Non-functional scoops have been in mustang history since the beginning. Like it or not, it's a part of our history, and I feel they should offer some with this model.

I swing both ways, I love the clean lines with the 05, but on the other hand, it's not agressive enough. I like the 1/4 window louvers that the concept had, and 99% of mustang people will wind up swapping the hood out for a more agressive one anyhow.

v8only said:
Non-functional scoops have been in mustang history since the beginning. Like it or not, it's a part of our history, and I feel they should offer some with this model.

True they have been a part of mustang design and at many times a subject of ridicule of those designs from many enthusiasts. Now I can understand they do create a false since of sportiness to the average person who sees them on any vehicle. However its been my experience that many people who are enthusiasts of mustangs or just perfomrance vehicles in general do not like the non-functional scoops on any vehicle as they seem to be very gimmicky and clutter the design, or are percieved as a "all show but no go" kind of thing. Lest we also not forget that there have been plenty of succesful Mustang designs without false scoops or very minimal ones that looked very good. Especially most of the 64-73 models and 79-93 fox bodies. Now I do like scoops if they work and many scoop equiped mustangs in the past have had functional scoops that looked great and had more of a reason than just a design gimmick to be there. SVO, 428 CJ Mach 1, 71 Mach 1 Ram Air, Shelby GT350 and GT500 to just name a few.

v8only said:
and 99% of mustang people will wind up swapping the hood out for a more agressive one anyhow.

Ummm really!?!? :bs: I highly doubt that even a 1/4 of mustangers will end up doing that. I rarely see a Fox or Sn-95 with an aftermarket hood. I probably see 3-5 Foxes and 10-20 Sn-95's every day. From time to time I might see one, say every 4-6 months, with an aftermarket hood, but it is rare. Now explain to me how that translates to 99% of mustangs will get an aftermarket hood. :shrug: I doubt the number even approaches a quarter of all mustangs will ever see a non stock style hood. It might be around 10-12% and that maybe over exaggerating. I just love everybody's over exaggerated statistics here, like after market hoods is all anyone has! :rlaugh:

I'm sure fake scoops may one day make it back on a Mustang but I hope they will not be overdone like the current GT's IMO and/or there will be a delete option with their addition.

:notnice: fake hood scoops :bang:

why have em there at all? all they do is add drag. if your gonna have scoops, make em real. mach1 and camaro ss's have it right, even though the camaro has a backward design. thats why i really like the 03-04 cobra's, no useless FAKE hoodscoops. :banana:

v8only said:

I swing both ways, I love the clean lines with the 05, but on the other hand, it's not agressive enough. I like the 1/4 window louvers that the concept had, and 99% of mustang people will wind up swapping the hood out for a more agressive one anyhow.

I hear ya. I want a hood like the concepts. I dont' give a s hit if it works or not. The way I see it, if air enters the engine bay via a scoop fake or not it's gotta serve a purpose either way :D .

By that I mean a "functional" scoop would draw air into the engine.

A "non-functional" would only bring air to the engine bay while you were cruising along. But the air coming in will help cool the engine right? Maybe just a little? So it serves a little purpose.

I don't know, JMO.

doogz said:
I've seen a couple mules around here with all silver bullet-like wheels. I got a few pics of one I pulled up next to, but I need to get the film developed.

Look the Same- centers got Ford logo
SEE pics below

Good View- Front Corner
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/050604-9.jpg

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/050604-12.jpg

BLACK GT
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/AmyV6-3.jpg

Sonic BLUE
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/05/SonicBlueGT-2.jpg

Wether the hood scoop is functional or not doesn't bother me. I dont race, at least, on a track, so, I don't care about drag or tenths of a second. What I do mind is the nonfuntional hood scoops on the current Mustangs being so damn obvious about their lack of function. A block of plastic is not attractive on any car. They could have made them look more realistic. It was the first thing I did on my car. Straight from the dealer to my house.... where I pulled out a drill and sawsall! :D