Can we get a vert thread?!?!

UnderdogGN

May 7, 2006
Seems like not too many people here care for the verts??? Anyone feel free to post some pics, times, mods, whatever you want. As for myself i have an 89 Lx vert with the AOD tranny, i think ive heard that its the 2nd heaviest fox made??? Well anyway it runs 13.30's all day everyday with just a mild H/C/I. I know that 13's arent fast to most of you but i thought it was decent for what i have to work with, not to mention im only a 17 year old highschool kid. Ill see if i cant post some pics of the car and the timeslips.
lets see some other verts that run!!!

• Sponsors (?)

There are very very few verts that I actually like...one big reason is to me they dont look right, and I would guess that is a result of taking a notchaback body and chopping off the top which is, in essence, what they are. Ford did not build their own convertible Fox Mustangs (was subcontracted to ASC), the Fox chassis was never meant to be a convertible, and to me it shows. When they restyled in 94 it looks 100x better as a vert but the chassis is still not up to the lack of a roof structure.

That would be a cool thread.

Fox convertibles are awesome!!! Back in the day those were the coolest cars. In the movie Friday, Craig and Smokey thought that black one was gonna do a drive by, and then there was that red one in Karate Kid 3. They used it to get away when Mr Miagi kicked those punks little butts!!! Those were in all the old school movies, because they were hot cars and they still are!!! And what about Vanilla ICE!!!!????!?!?!? Rollin, in my 5.0 with the rag top down so my hair can blow, girlies on the stand by waitin till I say Hi!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hwy1.jpg

Oh I love the headlights, they look cleaner than having six different lights on it. And the whole thing will look better when I get the front end and drivers side fender on it. Hopefully in the next week or so that will happen. Then I need to get it painted, who knows when that will happen though, money has been a little tight lately.

dude ryan please tell your dad to get some polished 2.5" LX tailpipes on that thing, those dick-fer turn downs are killing me

then get some 245/50/16 rubber if he insists on having 16" cobra r's...those look like truck tires...way too tall

lastly, some black stripes or no stripes at all on the taillights...those ones on there are real busy

its those three little details that are killing an otherwise slick car

dude ryan please tell your dad to get some polished 2.5" LX tailpipes on that thing, those dick-fer turn downs are killing me

then get some 245/50/16 rubber if he insists on having 16" cobra r's...those look like truck tires...way too tall

lastly, some black stripes or no stripes at all on the taillights...those ones on there are real busy

its those three little details that are killing an otherwise slick car

yeah ahead of you on the tail pipes...found a set im gonna buy if i can get ahold of the buyer.....we like the tail lights..there staying that way....

and thats what size the tires are...245/50/16 all the way around...thats how it is staying...

polished 2.5 tips will go on when the new dyno max mufflers go on...gotta wait till the weather breaks...