can you install engine with longtubes and bellhousing installed??

• Sponsors (?)

I installed my engine and trans at the same time. I dont think you can bolt the longtubes on and install it that way, but you can set the LT's in the engine bay and save some trouble later. Many people do "mock ups" just to show the finished product and bolt the upper intake on and stuff like that.

cardudeusa said:
I installed my engine and trans at the same time. I dont think you can bolt the longtubes on and install it that way, but you can set the LT's in the engine bay and save some trouble later. Many people do "mock ups" just to show the finished product and bolt the upper intake on and stuff like that.

that is exactly what I figured, but I wasn't sure,I will lay the headers in the bay, i don't think my cherry picker will do both at the same time,, It's a fold up style, I just wouldn't trust it,It lifts the engine high enought but I don't think it would lift it enough with the tranny, I will put it in with the bell, and put the tranny in underneath, With my luck I would kill my new tranny or something.... Thank you so much guys for your input,,,,

Youll should be fine putting both the motor and tranny in together. Its so much easier to pull the whole thing in one shot, as it is putting it in. That should be no prob at all for the cherry picker. Ive got one from pep boys, which is basically the same as yours, but it doesnt fold up. Itll lift up to 2 tons i think with the boom all the way in and about a 1000 with it all the way extended

it is the same, but the foldables don't raise as high, that's what I meant,, i'm going to try it,, I wanted to get the tranny on before anyways, since I didn't get a clutch alignment tool with my kit and will have to eyball it..... thank you,,,,