Cannot get an exhaust for a V6 Mustang:(???

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by mustangggirl, Jul 16, 2004.

1. GREENBIOCH

GREENBIOCH Founding Member

Go to a different garage...those guys are asses. If they don't want your buisness go to someone who does....and go with some nice Magnaflow mufflers, thats the ****nit!
  2. '66 coupe

'66 coupe Founding Member

We've been hearing people say that for years now, and it gets a little old.

What about people saying, "It looks better than that stock POS that was sticking out"?
    In person, I had someone tell me it looked normal, and they wouldn't have noticed a lack of cutouts if I hadn't pointed at a GT.

Besides, by the time you have the system mounted, and get a Bumper shipped, you'll have spent enough for side-exhaust. And side exhaust looks better, it isn't done a lot, and you can hear it better.

V6 Mustangs already have a lot of one, and not too much of the other.

Call me crazy, but I'd take a Supercharged Crown Vic with steel wheels and poverty hubcaps, over a Civic with a bodykit and rims.
  3. mustangggirl

mustangggirl New Member

Thank you all for your great ideas....I am actually going to print this page out and just take it to a performance shop...lol....How expensive can a goooooood exhaust get6?...Also I am going to put a supercharger or a turbo charger on my V6....anyone have any ideas on that and also, which one is better?
  4. 97v6Silver

97v6Silver it came to $4.56 and i got $0.44 change from a 5,

expect to pay anywhere from $350-500 depending on what you decide to get and how much labor a shop charges
  5. GREENBIOCH

ATI's Procharger 11lb Kit with Intercooler, comes with everything you pretty much need....Thats all you need for a SC. There is no Turbo kits for our sixes unless you can get someone to fab it for you. SO the Supercharger is your easiest route.
  6. Mach1Run

Mach1Run New Member

Always loved the side exhuast look. I would have put that on my v6 but i traded it in instead.
  7. ganador01

ganador01 Founding Member

Look, this is the sad and simple truth with mustang exhausts. The less flow you have, the better it is going to sound. So honestly, for the best sound, i would get 1 muffler with 2.25" piping with 2 pipes comming out of that one muffler. After you add more mufflers or bigger pipe, the sound just gets worse. And thats a fact. hence, why people with basani exhausts always have the best sounding ones...its because they only got 1 muffler. Personally, i like my MAC dual exhaust and ive always liked the sound of it. Not too loud, not too raspy, and a nice down low tone. But some people will swear by other exhausts. And i would never get 2 pipes with 1 muffler :bang: That is just dumb to me. But, if all you care about is sound, i would go with basani.

p.s. i have never heard a good sounding side exhaust on a v6 mustang...i like the rousch side exhaust sounds like crap. But thats just me.
  8. ganador01

ganador01 Founding Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]We've been hearing people say that for years now, and it gets a little old.

What about people saying, "It looks better than that stock POS that was sticking out"?
    In person, I had someone tell me it looked normal, and they wouldn't have noticed a lack of cutouts if I hadn't pointed at a GT.

Besides, by the time you have the system mounted, and get a Bumper shipped, you'll have spent enough for side-exhaust. And side exhaust looks better, it isn't done a lot, and you can hear it better.

Call me crazy, but I'd take a Supercharged Crown Vic with steel wheels and poverty hubcaps, over a Civic with a bodykit and rims.[/QUOTE]
    and id say about 80% of the rest of the world would take the civic...Because what do you see the most on the roads these days? civics with body kits and wheels...
  9. mustangggirl

mustangggirl New Member

How much do the superchargers cost and are there different brands that are better than the other?

Mustangggirl
  10. GREENBIOCH

3 grand give or take.....You gould get a Vortec, but there is no intercooler and you have to punch a hole in your oil pan for it, not that thats a big deal. They tend to be a bit cheaper too I beleive because they don't come as a kit with the IC. I personally think the Procharger is the best you could get.
  11. Alternator

Alternator New Member

[QUOTE='66 coupe]We've been hearing people say that for years now, and it gets a little old.

Call me crazy, but I'd take a Supercharged Crown Vic with steel wheels and poverty hubcaps, over a Civic with a bodykit and rims.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that wonderful explanation.
  12. 97v6Silver

i like eggs
  13. Mytoy

Mytoy New Member

Just had duals put on my wives 2003 convertible, flowmater 40 stainless steel with stainless exhaust tips, the cost was 334.00 with tax the shop did a great job.
  14. 97v6Silver

15. Ghostalker

Ghostalker New Member

someone a little while ago, said they fealt stupider every time they read one of your posts, now i feel his/her pain as well... :D
  16. 97v6Silver

it was linz and the more people the merrier, with every person that is stupider it only makes me look more smater! :spot:
  17. Linz

Linz "I Love Seamen" Founding Member

:D That would be me! :rlaugh:
  18. 97v6Silver

i shood post here mo often so i looks like t3h ubar genious!!