Cant find the right belt

izak

Jul 15, 2007
So I just finished installing the vortech V-3 in my car and now the stock serpentine belt will not go on. I even ran down to auto parts store thinking something was wrong, but new belt wont come on. Did the new bracket move away my alternator and smog pulley? please help. Im desperate. If this helps it use to have a underdrive pulley on it, but I changed it back to stock pulley so that i could fit the supercharger pulley on it. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

so after searching here on the forums. I found that i needed a 70.5 inch belt and needed to route the belt diff. I did that and now I still cant get the belt tension to tighten the belt. the belt tension pulley hits my water pump pulley when not on belt. after I install the belt it has hardly no tension on it and the belt rubs against itself. I have email vortech about this but no answer. How could something so easy be so hard? any tips or sites would e helpfull

I'm sure you found a fix by now, but I had the exact same issue with my A/C delete car after installing a Paxton Novi 1220SL. I had to cut the in off the locating pin on the back of the belt tensioner so it could swing up higher and then mess with the belt sizes until I found the correct one.