cant get gears toploader

Hello, just managed to get my car fired up after a lengthy rebuild,67 mustang 4 speed toploader centrforce 2 clutch,hurst shifter.My problem is i cant put it in gear when the engine runs.I have adjusted the linkage to take up slack.Any ideas ? all the clutch stuff is new.Thanks javed

• Sponsors (?)

DarkoStoj said:
did you check bellhousing runout? only necessary with aftermarket bellhousings if I remember right.

also, you positive the clutch is disengaging?
The bellhousing runout is ok,if i start the motor press the clutch i cant put it in gear.If i put it in gear and crank the engine the car will move even with the clutch down any ideas ,i personally think the pressure plate is stuck.regards javed

boss_302 said:
The bellhousing runout is ok,if i start the motor press the clutch i cant put it in gear.If i put it in gear and crank the engine the car will move even with the clutch down any ideas ,i personally think the pressure plate is stuck.regards javed
sounds like there is something wrong with your linkage...its not fully disengaging the pressure plate from the clutch/flywheel

DarkoStoj said:
sounds like there is something wrong with your linkage...its not fully disengaging the pressure plate from the clutch/flywheel
There is freeplay in linkage and i have took the adjusting rod off and moved the clutch fork by hand to see if it makes contact with press plate and it does.