Can't get the heater motor to work on my 68 to save my life!!!!

5-oh stang

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2002
Anyone with any tips and help please help me out on this one, i have a 68 coupe and the interior is gutted and i am restoring it. I redone the heater assembly and put in a new core and pleneum tried to get it up and running but nothing works. It didn't work before the rebuild and i have tried checking wires and fuses and nothing has current in it? the switch shows nothing and the wires at the motor show nothing but all fuses are good! Any ideas on whats wrong? The motor does blow because i hotwired it and it works. Also does anyone have a diagram/picture of the 68 fuse box and what fuses are what, my haynes book doesn't list the 68 fuse block.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

After more than a dozen attemps and tracing wires and such I am very glad to say it is up and running, i went out one last time to the garage and checked the fuse again and it looked Perfect, i said well i might as well put in a new on while i had that one out, put in the new one and the motor started spinnning, :banana: :banana: i was very very happy to hear that thing going. Just goes to show you that things aren't always what they appear. Evedently while the car had been setting for 15 year in a garage the fuse just took a crap? Go figure.

Thanks anyways!! :banana: :D :banana: