Can't go full throttle.

ghostang93

Mar 26, 2007
Pace, FL
Got a problem thats got me baffled. My car runs fine on part thottle, but sputters and falls on it's face when i stomp on it. If i roll on to full throttle it seems to do better. The car has been this way since i got it. Only codes i'm showing are the thermcrap, and egr ones, due to the fact that i've got all of it removed. Brand new TPS, replaced when it's code was showing a few weeks ago. Timing is at 12, no spout. New wires, plugs, and coil. Grounds are all good. Bought the only thing i can think of, is maybe a prev owner had the comp(A9L) messed with. If i can just get this fixed and the stubborn motor mounts out i'll be sitting good. Any ideas, ya'll?

• Sponsors (?)

Pull the TFI module and have it checked, Bring along a hair dryer to heat the TFI while its is being checked. The most common failure mode for TFI modules is that they cause a loss of spark at high RPM's when they get hot. That's what the hair dryer is used to heat the module while it is being tested.

Are the modules kinda flaky? I know the one that's on there is new. it's one of the reason's i didn't think it was the culprit. I may have it checked tomorrow and bring my heat gun. I might even have an extra laying around somewhere