Can't seem to find a nice Fox.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you banking on having the funds to score a Fox AND still be able to afford to move to AZ? Or are you just going to stay in Texas with the crazy family? :scratch:

FWIW, I'd rather buy an old Fox with a straight body and in running condition, regardless of the interior's appearance (or presence :D ), and then redo it all to my preferences. Mileage on cars, at least out here in AZ, is pretty much irrelevant as long as the chassis is in good shape, because no matter what, you're going to swap out so much of the suspension, brakes, transmission, motor, and everything else that it'll all be new stuff, anyway. No sense in paying a premium for low-mileage stuff you're just going to take off and sell or throw out, anyway. :shrug:

Besides ... why would you want to buy someone else's "completed" project? Wouldn't that sort of take away from the experience of making the car YOURS, personally? :scratch:

That 87 GT T-top is perfect! What a killer price too! Wish I had the cash right now, I would book a flight for tomorrow and go buy it. :(

Get that car (silver notch pictured) under $8K and I'll buy it out from under you even if I'd have to second morgage my house. Foxes in good shape are getting to be "classics" now. 5-10 years ago there was an abundance of decent foxes, but even then the nice one's were getting hard to find. In 2001 I bought mine, took me months to find mine for $5K and mine was decent. Now a days, nice foxes are rare.

Typical life of a Mustang:

Original owner buys it and takes typical care of it, usually an young adult, but they do care for it. Trades it in and it is bought by a 18-21 year old that drives around with the petal to the metal, either the brake or the gas pedal, he does this to his mid 20's until he gets some girl knocked up, gets massive traffic tickets and loses his license, or he just matures, sells it to a 18-21 year old and then the cycle repeats itself, usually resulting in a few accidents. Not to mention lots of shade tree mechanic hack jobs. After 15-25 years of this it takes it's toll. I see foxxes all the time, usually they are wore out, not so much mechanically but the chassis has been beat to hell and back.

One reason I will not sell my fox is that although it hasn't ran since 2004 it is just being preserved. It has never been wrecked, owned by an older woman when I bought it, no rust, nothing. Nobody will give me crap for just a chassis but when I do get it back togeather at least it will be straight.