Canton, Milodan, Moroso? WHICH ONE????

To you hardcore drag race guys, or anyone in particular, what oil pan would you reccomend? I need a deep pan to clear my stud girdle (stroker motor), and also to reduce windage by keeping all the oil in the botttom of the pan. I am looking at the canton pro power pan with kickout, but even with my discount I'm still looking at close to $400 with the pickup. Any one have any suggestions. I have heard/read a few things on this pan, mainly some guys have seen up to 25 more crank horsepower. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Well Ive used lot of differnet kinds,

Canton racing products. good all around pan, no real super designing but a good deep sump, 7 qt

Stef's http://www.stefs.com/ - very high quality Aluminium pan , high quality welds, pressure tested with lots of pan options. only a little more $$ than canton ,

then there is the high quality , Billet FAb http://www.billetfab.com/Main.htm
these guys make some sweet stuff that is really for the serious racer, lots oh $$$,

morrosso is a painted version of caton..similair quality

Milodan, Same designs as canton , a couple more pan options, and oil control options..a just a couple $$ more

hope this helps

I have a Moroso pan, and I'm happy with it. They're all pretty similar I think
IM000019.jpg

Attachments

• IM000019.jpg
    IM000019.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 95
It's does hang down below the K-member slightly, but I've never had any issues with it in 4+ years of daily driving. My car has Eibach drag springs, so it's maybe 1/2" lower then stock, not much. Pretty much all the different brands of drag race oil pans are 9" deep like mine. The road race pan with the kickout sump might be a better option if ground clearance is an issue.

Mike92GT said:
It's does hang down below the K-member slightly, but I've never had any issues with it in 4+ years of daily driving. My car has Eibach drag springs, so it's maybe 1/2" lower then stock, not much. Pretty much all the different brands of drag race oil pans are 9" deep like mine. The road race pan with the kickout sump might be a better option if ground clearance is an issue.

My car is lowered 1.5", I have also dragged my aluminum deep tranny pan a time or 3. I may need to go with the kickout.

Thanks,
Lems

I went with the pro power with kickout, it also has a crank scraper. I am going to try to get a windage tray to fit with the girdle. I might end up having to make one. Looks like a good pan.

Those of you with aftermarket pans, did u reuse the stock bolts, or buy new ones. I think I am going to go with arp pan studs. Any one have any experience with these?

The stock bolts are too long since you do not want to use the stock pan rail supports (not needed with the aftermarket pan)

The ARP bolts or studs work fine... I like the Stainless so they don't rust.