Canton oilpan ???

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
Gents..

I'm assuming I'm gonna get a low oil idiot light since I dont have a sensor in my new pan...the sensor went with the old motor... anyway around it so as to not get the light ???

I'm hoping to start this badboy next week...been a long time waiting....:nice:

331_1_1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

With the sensor un plugged you won't throw a light, at least I have never seen one on any fox or SN car. I hate those leaky ass sensors anyway...lol

If you run a sway bar up front the front drain plug will most likely be very close, I've had to cut them and off and move them on some setups....

Slick...having to tuck the plug away is fine with me.

Good info on that drain plug... This pan was in a SN95 with a stock K member so I'm expecting no issues...but I know better. I still have to make a dipstick set-up as the LTs pork the Canton one....and I have a CR racing alum radiator the has yet to be dry run with the motor in.

I had to fab the chit outta the VC's to clear the alt...thats being welded up tonite as well as priming to set adjust the valves.

I'm expecting issues..:D

Cut for clearance at the oil fill and alternator...

VCmod_1_1.jpg

Had to take a hella chunk to clear the alt on ther covers..

Altcut1_1_2_1.jpg

+1. Won't throw a light. Or you can weld a bung in for the sensor.

Kurt

22mm x 1.5mm drain plug ($4 from most parts stores) is how I fixed my leaky level sensor, clean all the surfaces, apply thread sealer/RTV to the threads, tape the switch wire to the loom so it doesn't ground out, put the oil back in the motor and you're done...problem solved.:rolleyes: Nice looking motor in the pics by the way, who ever's that is.