Car Club Challenge race this Friday 8/8/08

• Sponsors (?)

should I be expecting that 10.50 now,....... mines getting closer to being done. Got another summit box today.:nice:

I doubt it. My tires are about done and the budget isnt gonna let me get new ones this year. So ya think you will have your monster running before the season ends?

John, only a 10.83? Considering thats only .06 slower than your best thats pretty good. How much did the taller gears change your 60'?

I doubt it. My tires are about done and the budget isnt gonna let me get new ones this year. So ya think you will have your monster running before the season ends?

John, only a 10.83? Considering thats only .06 slower than your best thats pretty good. How much did the taller gears change your 60'?

1.44 with the 4.10's at Bremie, and 1.52 at PR with the 3.55's. So, the rate of acceleration is virtually identical. I haven't run it much with the 3.55's -only some bracket racing passes, and you know what that means.

John:

I will be there if I can gasket match the hooker headers in time... I replaced the rear seal in the car (actually, I had Bill at Bill's Custom Auto replace it while I was canoeing in Canada). Will be dialing low 11's unless we get some cave air....

See you there...

I don't know yet. I just forgot I needed a 26spline input shaft for the t-56 & there not cheap. D&D's are like 400 bucks!! I'll try and shoot for the Sept. 23 race, but it will be close I think. I ordered all my 5lug stuff too, so I need wheels & tires. I was thinking some 03-04 cobras used for a good price & some Ford Racing FR500's later. Its starting to nickel & dime me now.

John:

I will be there if I can gasket match the hooker headers in time... I replaced the rear seal in the car (actually, I had Bill at Bill's Custom Auto replace it while I was canoeing in Canada). Will be dialing low 11's unless we get some cave air....

See you there...

Great to hear you are coming. I assume Brandon will race too.

I have given-up on rear-seal-integrity. I always start the year with no leaks, but by this time each season my Windsor has always developed a leak. I chalk it up to crankcase pressure that this engine was never designed to handle; we've more than doubled the hp.

You'll hit 10's. I'll bet on it.

I don't know yet. I just forgot I needed a 26spline input shaft for the t-56 & there not cheap. D&D's are like 400 bucks!! I'll try and shoot for the Sept. 23 race, but it will be close I think. I ordered all my 5lug stuff too, so I need wheels & tires. I was thinking some 03-04 cobras used for a good price & some Ford Racing FR500's later. Its starting to nickel & dime me now.

That's a Sept 13th race at Bremie. Get a move on; the season is short and the off season is loooong. Just use your 4 lug wheels.

You are running a T56???? You know what happened to my ET's when I switched to a C4, right? Plus, they are cheaper and easier to rebuild.

You are running a T56???? You know what happened to my ET's when I switched to a C4, right? Plus, they are cheaper and easier to rebuild.

I know, I know, I built this car to be a fun driving car. A more highway friendly car.

And on the 4 lug thing, the tires on it are so wore out some of the belting it showing threw. So its either buy tires for the 4 lug, then buy tires again for the 5 lug,..... you see my problem