car feels like its choking can someone please HELP?!?!

95Stang50

Mar 17, 2003
Wellesley Ma
just like the title says, sometimes when i get on the gas in any gear, after 3500 or so my 95 GT doesnt seem to pull too well. i can look at the tach and it just seems to almost stop and not rev smoothly.

i talked to some of my buddies around home and they said to have it dynoed and see what my air fuel is at. well when i dynoed a few months ago it was about 12. they also said pull the o2 sensors and have them checked.

i thought maybe it could be my MAF, IAC, or just my plugs going bad. but they only have about 20,000 miles on them. also i know i might need a new fuel filter, clean/replace my k&n.

has anyone else had similar problems or is this just something completely new??? its really starting to get on my nerves.

for motor mods the car only has full exhaust, CAI, 1.6 rollers, pullies so i dont think any of those would really do anything.

• Sponsors (?)

95Stang50 said:
just like the title says, sometimes when i get on the gas in any gear, after 3500 or so my 95 GT doesnt seem to pull too well. i can look at the tach and it just seems to almost stop and not rev smoothly.

i talked to some of my buddies around home and they said to have it dynoed and see what my air fuel is at. well when i dynoed a few months ago it was about 12. they also said pull the o2 sensors and have them checked.

i thought maybe it could be my MAF, IAC, or just my plugs going bad. but they only have about 20,000 miles on them. also i know i might need a new fuel filter, clean/replace my k&n.

has anyone else had similar problems or is this just something completely new??? its really starting to get on my nerves.

for motor mods the car only has full exhaust, CAI, 1.6 rollers, pullies so i dont think any of those would really do anything.

Have you tried cleaning your MAF ? Sometimes they get dirty and just need a cleaning to make em work.

Depending on what your exact exhaust is, there could be an issue there. When I first read this, it reminded me of my car when the cats broke apart inside. However, you may not have cats at all, so that's a useless story to tell. In short, once the cats broke aparts, they clogged the air path and it felt like I was running a few cylinders short.