Car finally arrived....

jaybertx

Apr 18, 2003
Sarasota, FL
2012 Lava Red Mustang GT, MT, 401A, comfort package, backup camera - ordered 5/2, delivery 6/16. Just some choice shots. :) I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

5846640922_059a39c89d.jpg

5846086313_483a174999.jpg

5846640410_a50e48a5bc.jpg

5846639954_9fb86d77f9.jpg

5846639142_2419a42113.jpg

5846636950_4abb1a5f27.jpg

5846091373_dc8670632a.jpg

5846645244_93225ee58a.jpg

5846633468_49471129a6.jpg

5846631616_a1f242f9a7.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome!!!! The beast looks sexy!!!!

Mine is on the way. However there is a slight problem. The lady that does the ordering at my dealership had a slight sight problem and forgot to enter the 3.73s on the order. Soooo...mine is coming withoiut that and that's not gonna whitewash.

Told 'em they could swap that out when they get car and they said they don't do that. They found another car just like my order except its got the nav system in it. Sorry, I'm not paying $2k for that.

Told them they can fix mine when it comes in by putting the correct gears in it, discount that other car basically down the price the nav system or if I have to re-order (once the product quality hold is over and the lava red paint is available once again) I will be taking my order to another dealer and not coming to them again (nor recommend them).

They are checking to see what they can do and I'm supposed to hear back from them monday. I'm hoping they'll do whatever they can to make it right since I (and my mom and dad) have been customers of this dealership since 92 (a ranger, 2 f150s and an explorer over the years) and quite a few friends have bought rides from them as well.

We'll see though. I'll keep everyone up to speed. If they don't want to treat me right, I might have to hit deysha/natasha with a message and see what they advise.

Looks amazing man, congrats.

One warning in regards to the 401a spec though... That shifter will heat up to a temperature comparable to the sun when the car has been sitting in a parking lot for a while. I've got a very attractive sock I slip over mine when I'm parked, seems to help some :D

Awesome!!!! The beast looks sexy!!!!

Mine is on the way. However there is a slight problem. The lady that does the ordering at my dealership had a slight sight problem and forgot to enter the 3.73s on the order. Soooo...mine is coming withoiut that and that's not gonna whitewash.

Told 'em they could swap that out when they get car and they said they don't do that. They found another car just like my order except its got the nav system in it. Sorry, I'm not paying $2k for that.

Told them they can fix mine when it comes in by putting the correct gears in it, discount that other car basically down the price the nav system or if I have to re-order (once the product quality hold is over and the lava red paint is available once again) I will be taking my order to another dealer and not coming to them again (nor recommend them).

They are checking to see what they can do and I'm supposed to hear back from them monday. I'm hoping they'll do whatever they can to make it right since I (and my mom and dad) have been customers of this dealership since 92 (a ranger, 2 f150s and an explorer over the years) and quite a few friends have bought rides from them as well.

We'll see though. I'll keep everyone up to speed. If they don't want to treat me right, I might have to hit deysha/natasha with a message and see what they advise.

If you definitely want Lava I would do everything possible to get one of those two cars. I don't know about a quality hold (my car was built 6/9 and delivered in Florida on 6/16) but Lava Red is balanced out and won't be back until 2013 at earliest.

The easiest thing if they don't do the gear swaps is to get a discount equal to what it would cost another dealer to do it so that everything is warranted. That's a lot cheaper for them then it is to try to discount an EP car by that much although if I had to do it over again I think I would get it.

Thanks for the tip on the shifter knob and for the compliments on the car. I do soooooooo love it!!!!!

The shifter knob actually is one of my favorite parts. I ordered the 401a only having seen it in pictures and it's 10x more impressive in person. I think other than the NAV some of the options (brembo, 401a, gears) on this car are an incredible value.

Hi jaybertx,

Beautiful!! :D I am so glad to hear how much you love your 'stang. She sure is pretty!

Lmelght,

Thank you for being such a loyal member of the Ford Family. I am sorry to hear of your dealer issues with your order! Please don't hesitate to send me a PM with your contact information, as well as your dealership info, and I will see what can be done to resolve this.

~Natasha

I'm I missing something here?? - I thought the 'Lava' red was supposed to be a flip - flop color of sorts ...turning red, purple and like a brunt orange ....I was thinking of getting one ....

jaybertx Congrats on the car,that color is SWEEET. Tinting the windows should keep your shift knob cool enough. No need for a sock:rlaugh:. Now if you lived in a cold weather state you'd need a sock to keep your fingers from getting frost bite! Kind of a non-issue in Florida.

I'm I missing something here?? - I thought the 'Lava' red was supposed to be a flip - flop color of sorts ...turning red, purple and like a brunt orange ....I was thinking of getting one ....

Lava doesn't do this. It looks black in a lot of light depending on the time of day but in bright direct light goes from black to a very deep red. On my registration they labeled the color as "black" to avoid confusion. It's a fantastic color and pictures don't really do the metallic red properties justice.