car got hit...again

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
older guy living on the end of my street backing out of his driveway smashed right into my passenger fender/door when i was pulling up to the stop sign in front of his house. :nonono:

this just happened earlier today, so i dunno how much i'm getting from his insurance yet, but i'm gonna pocket it and fix it myself again.

he didn't hit me hard at all, like i said, he was just backing out of his driveway...but he drives an f-350 diesel so it smashed my car up decent enough. just the body panels though, it didn't even mess up the fender/hood gap. he did put a huge dent in my rim though. :notnice:

IMAG0056.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

you have a great attitude about the situation, put your self in the old guys shoes he probably feels like an idiot. that will be us one day

sux that it happened in summer when you like to drive her

yeah it's really not that big of a deal to me, like i said, i have the means to fix it. just so long as he doesn't try to pull something and get out of it. we didn't call the police since it was on our street and pretty apparent as to who was at fault. he *seems* like an honest man though, but you never know. i've already talked to my insurance agency and they've talked to his so i think everything should go smoothly.

couldn't have happened at a worse time though because i'm about to start a new job, i'm about to move, and school starts in a few weeks. hopefully i'll have it back together by then! i'll let you guys know how it all goes.

Nice to see someone with a positive attitude vs how I have seen these type of posts go. stuff happens even though it sucks to no end. wish you luck and hopefully the insurance company does the right thing and takes car of it right away but you know how they can be . Keep us up to date on your progress.

:flag:

ok so since my cousin and i do auto body, i had him do the estimate for me which came out to $2700. i sent the estimate in to the other guy's insurance company and they said they're going to total it. i'm not down with that considering i have a folder with over $14000 worth of receipts. is there anything i can do to keep them from totaling it or at least bring the amount of money they give me up? regardless, i'm keeping it and i'm either going to fix it (it's literally just the wheel, door, and fender that need replaced) or swap it all over to a coupe body.

Im guessing the only way to have it "not totalled" is to try and work out a cash deal with the old guy instead of going through his insurance.:shrug:

On another note, my car was hit again also....about 6 months after being repainted :bang: Looks like someone brushed up against my rear quarter and drivers door and leaving some silver paint on my door handle and minor scratches on the body panels. Luckily no dents what so ever.Im almost 100% sure this will buff out with a lil elbow grease. Are people just that stupid and cant drive?:mad: Sorry for the rant, im just a lil pissed.....didnt mean to jack your thread.:D

Carry on.

I think you can get around this and not have it totalled. Do some research and explain to them this isn't just some ratty old mustang, its a well preserved car that is pretty much "perfect" in anyway. I'm pretty sure if you fight it you can get it fixed. I would keep your car and not swap it to a coupe body. Cause we all know what those projects turn into. Unless you dont mind driving your "car" again for another two years. lol