Car had a rough 2008, 2009 not any better

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
My car has had a rough last year and things are not getting any better.

Repairs in the last year:
Rear brakes last spring, one of calipers ended up locking up went through 2 rotors on the one side before the problem was resolved. $300

Transmission Rebuilt last summer, missed a power shift and broke a blocker ring, had 1-2 sychro replaced, clutch replaced did removal and install of trans myself car was down for 2 months - $1200

End of summer month after getting car back on a trip with friends and hit a curb in a construction zone where they didn't fix the road correctly, 100% not my fault no signs or warnings of any kind and still waiting to get my money back from it. Trashed 2 brand new tires, 2 rims, and rear axle tubes were pushed up several inches on each side so bought the chrome cobra rims with original tires on them so was hoping they would last a little bit til i got money saved up for new tires. - $3200

Last month new front brakes, had rotors turned -
$100

And the kicker, thursday night i'm driving to see my girlfriend and I start feeling a vibration from the rear end, like my rear tires became out of balance. So i realized it didn't do it at 75 mph so that is what traveling at when it felt like my rear axle was coming out from the rear of my car then bam! Rear passenger tire blew out, the side wall was ripped in half the tire was actually wedged in my wheel well when i went to put the donut on. Scared the living hell out of me cause my rear end locked up and sent my towards a ditch/guard rail. So now i'm going to by new tires all around before this happens again. I'll post pics of the tire when i get back home its pretty amazing how the tire blew out.

Sorry for long post i'm just frustrated

• Sponsors (?)

Sell Mustang, buy tank. It sounds like the car is out to get you, lol.

Seriously, that sucks though. There is still alot of 2009 left, hopefully it will get better for you.