Car has a miss

Stangdriver13

Jul 31, 2006
Tonight I was on my way out to get a few things and I got on my car a little bit once and had a noticable miss. So I did this a few times and I noticed that is seemed to consistently miss around 3500 rpm's. At wot it was a hard noticable miss if i just lightly accelerated past 3500 I could feel the miss but it was nearly as noticable. I replaced a coil last summer but this is not the same thing as when the coil went out. I think I prolly have a fowled out plug. They have 20-25k on them and I used motorcraft platinums. Car has 68,500 miles as she sits. Anyone else have an idea before I replace the plugs. It doesn't seem to do it cruising around at my normal driving conditions but when I get on it. Also lately I noticed that it did not want to idle correctly.

• Sponsors (?)

Start with the plugs and check back. You can disconnect you cp's at idle to check if they are working or not. If ur idle changes or the car wants to die then its obviously working, it you pull one and no change in idle, then its likely dead.