Beau

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
San Diego
2001 SVT Cobra
mods:
JLT True CAI
3.73's
SCT Chip (not custom tuned, "off the shelf" burn)

Anyways,
Last night, driving home, coming off the freeway, cars in neutral and I'm braking coming to the intersection. The car died..as in the engine shut off. all the lights were on and everything and I had brakes so I came to a stop at the intersection. I then was able to restart the car on the 1st try. Now this wouldn't have been odd except for earlier in the day, driving around, where it was HOT, I was coming to a red light, car in neutral. All of a sudden, RPMs shoot up to 2000 and hang there for what must have been over 10 seconds. Meantime the light turned green and I blipped the throttle and put it into first and continued on my way. Today: leaving work, I get into my car, turn the key and the car sounds like its trying to turn over but won't start. All the lights and everything came on and it just wouldn't start. So I turned the key back to off and waited for 10 seconds and then tried it again and it started up just fine.

My question: Could it be the chip? or something else?

Thanks gents and ladies for reading.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, the computer will revert back to factory settings. Then I'd be really, really, really sure you are getting a clean contact for the chip and that it is secured. I'd bet the problem is the contacts need cleaned better.