Car is missing above 2k rpm after hot.

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
My brothers car is missing above 2k rpm after it has warmed up. We swapped the distributor,PCM,coil,ignition module, tps, iat sensor, maf, coolant temp sensor.
I'm not sure what the duel pressure is?
Nothing has fixed it. We're stumped. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Before doing all those things I would have changed the plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Pull codes and see what the PCM is logging. Also, make absolutely certain the battery to engine ground is solid as well as the engine to chassis ground. Every engine sensor depends on a good ground to function properly.

Carbon build up in the IAC will cause erratic idle, NOT missing above 2k rpm. It's just a bypass valve and once you start moving more air than it can bypass (opening the throttle blade) it makes no difference.

EGR could cause one hell of a miss if the diaphragm is leaking because it becomes a huge vacuum leak.

having same problem... had to do with coolant sensor causing car to run in a different tune... wasn't reading on the gauge but car was running hot (causing it to run in limp mode i guess some would call it)... replaced radiator, waterpump, new sensor... car runs great now