Car is surging

atrainsgt

Sep 26, 2008
This is kinda of hard to describe but when going down the road it feels like its braking off and on, its just slight but I can feel it. Seems to only do it in 4th gear so hopefully this will stop when I put in my new transmission in a couple weeks. The brakes are fine I checked them all out. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

is the car running bad during these surges or is it just the feeling of slowing on and off, a/c running? lol my a/c compressor went out and it kept kicking on and off cause it thought it needed to cool more and it creates drag when a/c compressor is on so it kept dragging on and off til i turned it off

Its just started doing this in the last couple weeks but it was worse tonight. I think it might possibly be my clutch slipping(I know its worn out) and getting replaced when I put in the new trans. Like I said its kinda hard to describe. Its not really violent enough to be a surge, its more like its just slowing on and off, just enough to make my head go forward slightly in between. The plugs/wires are about 6 months old frpp wires and ngk plugs, the coil packs I have no idea how old they are, I will replace them with Screamin' Demons soon. I don't think its engine related because its running good. The rear end is fine, I checked it out just to make sure (I rebuilt it myself with 3.73 gears) so I know whats going on there. The car does; however, have 164xxx miles! I'm building a forged PI engine and I'm polishing the heads and probably some light porting, I should have it done in a few months. I will list the mods in my sig so you all know what has been done. Thanks for the help