car jerks when im crusing at low speeds not trans

• Sponsors (?)

In an attempt to salvage this thread...I too have a bucking action occur at 1,500-2000 rpm when driving around the block in 1st and 2nd gear. 3,000 rms and higher don't seem to produce any issues. Car is supposed to have 373s an it has an older TKO 3550 trans with fairly new clutch....any ideas folks?

In an attempt to salvage this thread...I too have a bucking action occur at 1,500-2000 rpm when driving around the block in 1st and 2nd gear. 3,000 rms and higher don't seem to produce any issues. Car is supposed to have 373s an it has an older TKO 3550 trans with fairly new clutch....any ideas folks?

same with me in 1st gear at low rpm. It bucks so bad the tires screech. and mines all stock

9/10 times...any light throttle, low RPM bucking or jerking issue I had with any of the Mustangs I've owned was directly attributed to too much advance on the ignition timing. Try backing the distributor off a couple of degrees and see if retarding the timing a little helps. These car’s will technically run at 14-15 degree’s with high test, but I’ve found the best drivability to be around 12 or so.

It's more than likely ignition related. Start by checking your wires/cap/rotor.
Don't assume because they look good, they are good.
Bypass the aftermarket ignition module too for the time being.