Car leaning after rear end install?

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
I put my rear back in the other day after having it completely rebuilt. Put the tires on and noticed it is leaning higher on one side. I did not put the quad shocks back in yet. I also noticed that the rear shock absobers are shot so I will replace them. But they are in the car. Could the coil spring be off a little and that is why the car is leaning to one side? I thought the spring can only go in one way. Another other suggestions? Whats involved in removing one spring and roatating it?

• Sponsors (?)

both rear coils should face the driver side. If it did NOT lean prior to the rear end install it is either the coil springs need readjustment or incorrect preload on the rear suspension IMO.

Did you notice the orientation of the rear coils before you removed them? Sometimes you have to adjust the pigtail on the coils around as fox bodies are notorious for leaning to one side or the other due to a host of reasons.

the car needs to have the weight on the wheels before you torque down all the bolts otherwise you can get binding and incorrect preload on the components. Check the location of the pigtail ends on the lower control arms. Again, normally they are both pointing towards the drivers side.