Car not cranking

ballajb64

Jul 13, 2006
California
I tried starting my car and it would not start. I bought a code reader and ran the codes from the computer and the code 43 and 63 came up. Does anyone know why these codes would come up and what i can do to fix this problem???

• Sponsors (?)

What year and engine?

Were those codes stored or generated before this issue occurred?

If the car turns over, run Jrichker's Cranks but No-Start Checklist.

its a 5.0 H.O. from a 1991 mustang. The car will not turn over at all. It trys but does not turn over. The codes were generated after the issue. Car wouldnt start so i went and bought a code reader and these came up last night

Those codes will not keep it from turning over. Start at the battery - make sure it's charged or use a jumper battery. Check the cable connections and cables themselves. Those and the CSS/NSS switch are likely spots for issues.

If you search, JRichker has a No-Cranks Checklist that will help.

thanks everybody, i got it started last night. i started off with checking the voltage on the tps. The orange wire read 5volts and checked the green and read 0. So i checked the orange wire on the map sensor and it read 5volts. So i took off the tps and placed it back onto the throttle body and tighted it with the digital volt meter still connected watching the voltage till i got it to .99 and i locked it back in place. Tried to start the car and still no start so i ran the codes on the computer over again and this time 43 & 63 did not show up so i twisted the dizzy a lil and it tried to start and back fired so i turned it some more and it started. So now i just need to get my timing done with a timing light.