Car question/problem.....not Stang related

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
On my Grand Am GT, I need to run some daytime lights that as soon as I start the car they have to be ON. Right now, this model doesnt have that. I'm suppose to turn the "arm/knob" to activate the lights.

Anybody knows how the hell I'm suppose to do this and what I need to do it ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Mario

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you got it. One thing is that I would wire it (if you did not already) so that the starter-interlock circuit kills the DRL's while cranking. Otherwise it is just another big burden on your elec system while cranking.

Good luck Eric.

HISSIN50 said:
Sounds like you got it. One thing is that I would wire it (if you did not already) so that the starter-interlock circuit kills the DRL's while cranking. Otherwise it is just another big burden on your elec system while cranking.

Good luck Eric.
:hail2: you're the man

HISSIN50 said:

Good luck Eric.

If I knew exactly what wires I had to splice in I would of done that. I knew about starter-interlock thing but I'll have to try it the way it is right now. It's just to pass a safety check. Once it's passed I'm putting it the way it was before.:D

Thanks

If this is just for a once a year thing, I gotcha. It probably is not worth the hassle of wiring it to kill the lights during cranking.

The easy way is to use a key-on trigger for your relay that is already on the dead-while-cranking circuit (things like your radio, etc).

Or add a second SPDT relay in series that will switch the common feed from the NO to NC terminal while cranking. But I agree that it is not worth the hassle.

Good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
If this is just for a once a year thing, I gotcha. It probably is not worth the hassle of wiring it to kill the lights during cranking.

The easy way is to use a key-on trigger for your relay that is already on the dead-while-cranking circuit (things like your radio, etc).

Or add a second SPDT relay in series that will switch the common feed from the NO to NC terminal while cranking. But I agree that it is not worth the hassle.

Good luck.

Actually it was only for a day thing, noy a year.:nice: I finished the installed this morning and I already removed it cause I passed the test this morning also. I had bought a little pack to do it with a relay but I did it easier than that. I simply spliced in the wire that connects between my (2) low bean lights and joined a re there to a fuse under the the dash which has power when the key is ON. Kept it there for an hour. Thanks:nice: