Car/rear-end stuttering when taking off in 1stgear?!

BLUE03GT

Jul 13, 2003
Sunnyvale, Ca.
here is the problem... i recently came back from a trip to santa barbara and i drove the stang back n forth a total of 300 or so miles... everything was great... i didnt drive it for a whole 24hours after the trip...

so then i get in it earlier today and when i take off in first gear my car sort of stutters...my rear tires sort off stuttered taking off...almost like my rearend was acting up...i certainly wasnt spinning the tires because i was easing it out like i normally do...and its been doing it in first gear for the last hour or so...im not driving it now obviously so i dont know if its gonna do it when i get back in the car... but what could be wrong? could it t be the clutch? my rear-end?(i do have 3.90's but ive had them in for almost 10k miles)Could it be my differential? thanx in advance for replies

• Sponsors (?)

Could be that your flywheel needs to be resurfaced (sp?), my dads 00 V6 mustang does it too, shakes the whole car...3.73s helped though since its quicker to take off.I have found that if you keep the RPMS up then it doesnt do it.Hope that helps.