Car runs like chit all the sudden????

that was probably one of the most indepth and actually helpful posts ive ever seen. it might even fix my problem and i didnt even thinck about this side of the problem. thanks for posting it.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll post pics tonight.... deleted the EGR (what an experience :rolleyes: ) and the CEL light was on more than off.... turned down the fuel pressure two turns and bam. Car idles fine now, only has a slight bit of surging left when slowing down and the CEL light is gone.

Drove the car to KS and back this w/e. :nice:

Oh and you're welcome. The info. seemed pretty good to me too.... All I did was copy and paste. :D

Here are the pics:

Little blurry, but anyone want to take a guess at what I did to make an adjustable plunger on the sensor?

sensor.jpg

Here's the nightmare plug of JB Weld. The part that dripped, popped off when I started the motor.... kinda worried me, but the rest is holding just fine.

plug.jpg

i have an thought, but i haven't gotten up the nerve yet to blurt it out just yet.

i need to see some clearer pictures (a couple of angles please), then maybe i'll be ready for a guess.

while you have the camera out, can you take a few of all that beautiful empty space where your egr used to be? i need some inspiration ...

I don't think my camera will take a clearer one.... that was the best of the 4 pics I took. :bang: Plus now the sensor is on the car. So far the "secret" ingredient is holding up to the heat just fine. :D

I still can't believe I came up with THAT... but the little sucker fit perfect.

Cdstang said:
And for the stock headers instead of using JB weld to seal up the header egr hold use the nut from the egr tube and a penny.. It works perfect.. :)

Actually there are several guys on here that will disagree. The penny will melt over time. AND if you read my post, you'll see that I couldn't get the nut off to put a plug on, so I had to cut the tube above it and JB Weld it. :D This was one of those late evening projects that had to happen by the next morning so you can get to the track. :flag: