Car seat for the Mustang

skinnypGT

Founding Member
Feb 23, 2001
Radcliff, KY
:shrug:I know this is probably not the coolest question for the stang net forums but I need some advice on a part for my wife’s mustang. I have been searching for a good brand/ model of car seat that will fit in my wife’s 2008 Mustang. Price is not issue as I would much rather pay up for an expensive car seat than for a minivan

• Sponsors (?)

Subscribing...Hey, no harm in that. I've got 3 kids and one needs a car seat. I may have to buy a 4 door beater if I get the 2011 I want since the soon to be ex wife is getting the family car.

When looking at the car seats try to get one that has the following: 1. Look at the back where the two shoulder straps meet. There is a metal peice that you fold the material under to keep the two in place. Make sure there it is capable of not sliding out of place. 2. Good washable cushion. The baby will spill there sippie cups and crush their snacks. 3. LATCH hooks. 3 points of securing the seat will be the hooks on the left, right, top rear of the seat, and the seatbelt through the back. 4. Wide head and bolster frame and cushion. Kids will fall asleep really quick and if the high side bolster is wide enough they can rest their head on that versus having to slouch forward while asleep. 5. If you can find a seat with cupholders on the side. At first they'll spill their drinks but eventually they use the holders avoiding spills. I put a towel under the seat to reduce crimps in the leather and ease of cleanup. I'd say a good car seat is around $100-150. Of course you can spend more but those features are the most important. I've actually improved #1 by adding a strong rope. Its kinda tough to describe this part but if you look at the rear where the two straps meet you will see what I'm talking about. My wife and daughter are in my car and I highly suggest tinting the windows. The rear window glass is large and the sun beats right on her little face.

lol, dude i roll with a pink booster in the back for my daughter. someitmes i forget to take it out at shows, one judge gav eme bonus points for bravery. its ahrd to find ones that ar enarrow enough for the back seats and dont leave permanent creases in the leather/vinyl back there.

I like this thread. Nothing wrong with Mustang dads wanting to give their kids the experience as well.

I did alot of research on this before the wifey agreed to my 2011 purchase. I already had a '99, but those seats are much flatter across the back. The '11 has that huge bump in the middle that is a pain. The '99 even fit our Alpha-Omega ok (its a huge seat), but it was obvious the '11 would not at all.

Unfortunately, the best ones to fit are pricey. The Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL is about the narrowest I've seen. This is because the frame is steel/aluminum so it's not as thick overall. It has lots of shoulder room for the kids as well. You could fit 2 of these in the rear seats on an '11, no problem I think. Downside is that its $299 most places.

I want to check out the Graco My Ride 65. It looks like it has a narrow bucket at the bottom and its under $140, but I haven't seen it in person to check fit.

i took a nice yellow and black mustang Towel and folded it under the seat to keep the rear clean and to protect it form the car seat marring the material.