car stance

With eibach springs should the car have this much of a rake to it:shrug: I am planning on getting 17 sc wheels in 6 months and was wondering if going from a 60 series tire to a 45 series will drop the rear enough to notice.

Would going with black sc wheels look ricer on a white car?

100_2200.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You have different height tires...that's one thing. Second thing, if it's the Pro Kit springs, they have a rake to them. Third, if you installed spring isolators in the back but not the front, that's just adding to the rake.

I'm not sure if it has isolators. All I know is it has the pro kit springs. It has 225/50/15's in the front and 225/60/15's in the back. Since it's cheaper I might just go with a 255/60/15 on the back so I have a wider tire. Right now my fronts appear wider than the rears. Any ideas on a good 15 inch setup for the tires ? What do isolators do and are they hard to install?

How wide are your rear rims. The car is mainly a street car with a couple 1/4 mile runs during the summer. If I stay with 15 the tires have to fit on an 8 inch wheel. The previous owner put a 265 tire on them and they bulged on the sides

What do isolators do and are they hard to install?

Isolators are the rubber that sits on top & below the spring. The only purpose they serve is road noise dampening, but they also raise the ride height a bit. They arent exactly hard to install, but you will have to pull the springs out to install them. If you like the current stance, I would leave it the way it is...

Eibach springs are hit or miss. Some sit level, some are raked, & sometimes they even have a reverse rake to them. My car has sportlines with no lower isos, & the car has quite a bit of rake to it...

037.jpg

i have the pro-kit on my car, and yes they do give that same rake on mine. I like it actually and will be running a bigger tire in the back anyways. Ive got no iso's on mine.

you mean the front tires with the added weight of the 351?

heres a side shot----> http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/802376-fng-pics.html

Sweet, thanks. I just wanted to see what a bigger tire looked like on the 10 hole wheel. Thats a 275? Hows it handle everyday street driving? Alot of poeple said not to put a 275 Mickey Thompson on a 10hole but the local mustang shop said it would be fine and they were right, no problems so far...but I dont wanna run em on the street everyday.
Matt

not sure what you mean by handle on the street, but Ive had no problems, had BFG DRs on the same rim and no problem with those either. gone like +140mph on um too. not sure exactly how fast, but redlined 5th with 3.08s