Car Start Problem...

I had a problem with my car the other day and I would like to get some of your opinions as to what might have been the problem.

Here is the background...
1998 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Modifications: Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust, Mac Off-Road H-Pipe, Pro-M 95mm Mass Air Meter, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

I washed the car on Sunday and then parked it outside of my apartment complex under its cover. I did not attempt to start the car again until Thursday afternoon. In between time, we had a bad thunderstorm on Wednesday night and the temperature has been in the mid-40's during the day and dropping lower during the evenings.

On Thursday, I uncovered the car and tried to start it. The car cranked over for less than a second and then died. I tried to start it again and the same process occured. Once again I started it and the car died for a third time. I opened up the hood and checked over some small things but everything seemed okay. I tried to start it again and it died. Then, I started once again and gave it gas at the start-up, reving the engine to about 3000 RPM. I held the idle there for a few seconds and slowly let off of the gas dropping the RPM to 2500, 2000, and then 1500. It held its idle and I took it for a ride where it drove fine. It has yet to die since.

Has anybody had a similar situation, what do ya'll think?

- Brian

• Sponsors (?)