car swap question

ok tonight me and my buddies were just crusing around and we ran acrossed a 1979 LX 5.0 mustang in the wall-mart parking lot so we figure what the hell and we roll up next to it and get out to look. turns out guy wants 5000 for it and its a Fing beast. guy that owns it pulls up by us and starts telling us about it its got a 460 big block with 180 shot of nos 2nd shot is 100 373 gears racing seats 6point racing seat belts 6 point roll cage yellow paint with black racing stripes it runs high 10's on slicks and 11.40 on the current tires. He said he would trade me straight up for my 00 V6 auto 45000 miles do you think this would be a deal? BTW everything is in show condition. so what you guys think? questions or comments?

• Sponsors (?)

I would never ever ever trade cars w/ anyone that has nitrous on thier car. Thats just me... having bought a nitrous car, I know I will never do it again.

Just keep your car... which is ( I assume) machanically sound, and probably still under warrenty.

I say take it for a spin, run some nos though it to make sure the engine doesnt blow, and if you still want it then, take it to three, not just one, good machanics and get it checked out. if they say its a good car, and you like it go for it.

ok well if he is wanting a bike why does he want to trade? why wouldn't he want to sell? Maybe your engine is mechanically sound, but also you gotta think about all the other things that will be going on this car soon. everything from axels, shocks, struts, every little detail. plus this car has nos on it...it has probably been ragged out worse than you would ever dream of.

If nothing else, this car is 25 years old! yours is what...4? what mileage does this have?

I mean if you really want to go get a 25 year old car instead of yours, go ahead. I wouldn't reccomend it, no matter what your mechanics say. They can't predict everything.

Linz said:
I would never ever ever trade cars w/ anyone that has nitrous on thier car. Thats just me... having bought a nitrous car, I know I will never do it again.

Just keep your car... which is ( I assume) machanically sound, and probably still under warrenty.

:stupid: :D I'm glad someone realizes that nitrous wrecks your engine. I just had a knock-down drag-out fight to the death about that with cuban3jumper in the tech forums. He swears that a well-maintained nitrous kit is 100% safe. :rolleyes: I just got tired of arguing the point. N E wayz, if I were you, I would keep my V6. That 5.0 may be a beast, but it's been driven hard and obviously gone through a tremendous amount of abuse. That's the reason I don't have a 5.0. I think they are awesome but 98% of them are ready for the scrap heap. Just my $.02 :nice:

ChrisYellowV6 said:
ok well if he is wanting a bike why does he want to trade? why wouldn't he want to sell? Maybe your engine is mechanically sound, but also you gotta think about all the other things that will be going on this car soon. everything from axels, shocks, struts, every little detail. plus this car has nos on it...it has probably been ragged out worse than you would ever dream of.

If nothing else, this car is 25 years old! yours is what...4? what mileage does this have?

I mean if you really want to go get a 25 year old car instead of yours, go ahead. I wouldn't reccomend it, no matter what your mechanics say. They can't predict everything.

I would listen to Chris really good before I thought twice about that car. I've owned a ton of old cars and raced the crap out of them also. You don't know what shape the rods are in etc. The first night out with that car it could be your last :( Besides he could sell your car and buy a bike plus have some cash left over from the sell.

Mean03V6 said:
N E wayz, if I were you, I would keep my V6. That 5.0 may be a beast, but it's been driven hard and obviously gone through a tremendous amount of abuse. That's the reason I don't have a 5.0. I think they are awesome but 98% of them are ready for the scrap heap. Just my $.02 :nice:
This guy is a smart cookie!
Doesn't the thought of having an older car thats been driven hard and gone through abuse not sound so great?
I've got an 5.0 thats been to hell and back, and is somehow still going today...but honestly, its been VERY expensive just to maintain the car. If you want a 5.0, why not go get a nice one, that isnt ragged out and mod it to where you want it to be. It'll really cost you alot less money in the long run. Wish I did that sometimes!

Linz said:
This guy is a smart cookie!
Doesn't the thought of having an older car thats been driven hard and gone through abuse not sound so great?
I've got an 5.0 thats been to hell and back, and is somehow still going today...but honestly, its been VERY expensive just to maintain the car. If you want a 5.0, why not go get a nice one, that isnt ragged out and mod it to where you want it to be. It'll really cost you alot less money in the long run. Wish I did that sometimes!

Well thank ya! :nice: :D