Car takes a long time to start

Its been around 35-45* around here the past few days, and since then my car hasn't really wanted to start. Sometimes it'll start up fine, but if you let it cool down a little bit, it'll have to sit there and crank for about 10 seconds before it will start. It used to just fire right up. Anyone have any ideas??? I'm really starting to get pissed about it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Turbo92PGT said:
Its been around 35-45* around here the past few days, and since then my car hasn't really wanted to start. Sometimes it'll start up fine, but if you let it cool down a little bit, it'll have to sit there and crank for about 10 seconds before it will start. It used to just fire right up. Anyone have any ideas??? I'm really starting to get pissed about it. Thanks

I had similar problem before. I believe the problem is at your fuel pump. It's not delivering enough residual fuel at the start up.

on my 95 5.0, I dealt with that prob for over a year before realizing that my fuel pump failed to hold a pressure right before starting up. It has to crank over to build up the necessary pressure, then it starts....at least that was my prob.

I press the gas pedal down some before I try to start up the car. I know it's fuel injected and not carburated and I've been told my pedal action does nothing but I can tell a difference in the ease of the car starting as opposed to when I don't give it some gas.