Car was for sale...and....

Ehh I guess I could see it, but you have to define beating. I would never expect someone to buy a high powered car and never get on it, never slam gears, never do a burnout, thats just a waste of the power. Now you can take that overboard if your doing this everyday, and in rush hour traffic, etc... But the guy who buys a car, races it some, drives it hard every once in a while (what it sounds like this guy wanted to do) doesnt sound like a bad owner to me. He sounds like someone who enjoys the car he has that makes the power it makes.

• Sponsors (?)

25thmustang said:
Ehh I guess I could see it, but you have to define beating. I would never expect someone to buy a high powered car and never get on it, never slam gears, never do a burnout, thats just a waste of the power. Now you can take that overboard if your doing this everyday, and in rush hour traffic, etc... But the guy who buys a car, races it some, drives it hard every once in a while (what it sounds like this guy wanted to do) doesnt sound like a bad owner to me. He sounds like someone who enjoys the car he has that makes the power it makes.
No disrespect intended towards either you or your vehicle but I can say without a hint of exageration that I have more time and effort into that car than most would ever care to invest in a car. In fact the entire family often refers to "her" as a member of the family. Inorder to sell what I consider my pride and joy takes someone who would have been as proud and excited to own and enjoy the car as I felt owning it..this guy didn't see what I wanted the new ower to see. Hell likely no one else ever would so that as I've learned from the experience is why it stays here with me.

No offense and Im sure you do. I enjoy the car but its a car to me. Its a big hunk of metal, plastic and all kinds of other things. Its not a person, and although I spend a lot of time and money on it, I dont and never will treat it like a person. As my car sits now it is sad, but after the next month or so, most might be surprised at what it looks like. Some people are into washing waxing, and pampering, and thats not my style at all. Im all for keeping it clean but driving it hard and having fun with it.

Also to note I spent a lot of my life restoring a 66 Mustang with my father, and sold that right around my 16th birthday (started it when I was 9). I know ALL about pouring your heart and soul into a car (along with a LOT of money for a 13-14 year old to spend) and can say I know what you mean. I just dont think the guy meant beat on the car, but meant enjoy it for what they can be anjoyed!

I am happy to say that my droptop ended up in the hands of someone more anal than me and he has done nothing but make improvements to the car. It does feel good knowing that my hard work is apreciated.

Yeah but the 91 lacks the eye appeal the vert has, But in alot of ways thats good. I dont mind parking this one and walking away from it etc.

I told ya you would keep it. :spot:

Amongst signs that you love your car and wont sell it:
You make a bedroom for her. ;)

Once the weather warms, you'll wonder how you could have contemplated getting rid of it. :nice:

Since I had teh flu on March 29, I had a fever of 103 degrees, and it was my BIRTHDAY I felt that I had to give this a To The Top and support the man of the hour DMAN302 for keeping his work and realizing it is not all in vein...

You da man D!!! :SNSign: :nice:

mansonozz said:
:lol:

That's great to hear, from one garage queen owner to another :nice:

I swear if I sold my Stang and ended up seeing it a few weeks later with like, Altezzas on it, I'd ****ing murder the guy.

dont even get me goin on that theres on in town. Saw it for the first time yesterday and called some people tryin to find out who it was.
Some idiot white kid that thinks hes bkack put 14 inch altezes on a fox:notnice: