Car was shot while I was in it! Pictures inside

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
:bang: Just happened about 2 hours ago and the cop just left around 15 minutes ago.

I got into my car intending to go get food for the family. I was still in sight of my own house when this all went down which makes it even worse. I was beginning to slow down for a stop sign when I hear something hit my car. At first thought, I thought maybe it was just a rock being thrown from my tires, though once I finished my stop I began hearing my glass "crack". When I was first getting near the stop sign I noticed there was someone outside on the porch at the house which is right beside the sign. After the hit---no one was there anymore.

After the glass started making the cracking noises (tint was holding it in place) I headed back to my house to make sure that what I thought had happened, actually happened. It hit my quarter window on the passenger side, which was EXACTLY even with where the person was perched up on the porch and that is the only location that the shot could have came from being that the road comes to a "T" at the location and the house is in the corner.

Anyways, I called the Sheriffs department and they came about an hour after the call. The officer took my report and took pictures of the car and we talked and I told him all of the details that I could. I filed the report and then he went to their house to question them.

Of course they denied having anything to do with it and the officer returned not even 10 minutes later. There's nothing he can do about it since they denied it which I fully understand.

Hopefully no one elses car will be harmed from the ass that done so to my car.

The damage isn't all that bad though still upsets me that I can't even drive to get food without the fool shooting at my car:notnice:
View attachment 404978
View attachment 404980
View attachment 404982

• Sponsors (?)

I do believe it was a pellet gun but it's really the thought of someone shooting a moving vehicle that is messed up. This isn't the first incident of a vehicle getting shot while driving in my area, though I do believe I finally figured out who it is doing it though can't do anything since there wasn't proof at the time.

There was a report filed a while ago with a .22 bullet found inside of a car after going through a windshield though I don't know all of the details on that one. My fathers f-150 had its windshield shot about a month ago though it just chipped instead of a shatter which leaves me to believe that he was also shot at by a bb/pellet gun. Sad thing is--This isn't a kid doing it. The person that I saw isn't underage, not even a teen.

I live in a town of ~700 and it's not a bad place at all to live. The house of which I speak of is a rent house and the new tenants apparently aren't too kind. They are the type that have the lovely pittbulls chained to trees and can't even approach the dogs since they are so viscious.

Man F the police just take the matter into your own hands and make sure those scumballs know they're messing with the wrong person. If the law can't do anything about it, take matters into your own hands.

All sorts of things "could" have been such as he could have actually been trying to hit the door glass though since I was moving it was a bit off :shrug: Makes me wonder. I'm hoping nothing else happens from this being that they know I made a report and accused them of the wrongdoing.

I have to find me some glass tomorrow to get it replaced. I sure hope that this isn't an expensive piece of glass to get installed :(

It does seem like the laws are somewhat set up to "protect" the criminal. In this case it came down to a simple question "Did you shoot a car?" Of course the fool is going to say no :shrug:

I realize that it's only a bb/pellet gun in this case, though there was a report of a .22 being fired at a car not too terribly long ago without a suspect being found. It was problaby these cowards. It's the fact that I did nothing to them and it was a random crime to say the least.

Yeah I understand how I guess I made it seem a bit serious in the title and such, though I was pretty upset over the situation to include the bb part ;) Plus, it got more views like that :D

Don't call the cops. Haven't you learned vigilante justice is the only way to go? Fight crime with crime I always say. I'd get my balaclava, Molotov cocktails, and my favorite smashing bat. A squad armed with light machine guns also works when people shoot at you too.

At least he didn't hit you. That would have left a welt.