car will not start

ponypowa2

May 17, 2004
Destin, FL
man I never thought I would see the day where I crank my key and no rumble :nonono:

Well I did a crap ton of suspension work the last 2 days. I shocks struts bushings springs etc.

but where the problem lies ( i think) is I installed a 96+ steering rack. It looked the same except for a slightly larger fitting.. well first start: power steering pump louder then usual but steering functional. I kind of gave up on it and right before bed I went outside to crank it up and the battery power is there, I hear the fuel pump (i think) and power steering pump, but the engine will not turn.

Do you guys think it has anything to do with the rack or some freak incident?

after all that pita suspension work, the thing wont start :bang:

any help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Will the engine turn over by hand (or if you remove the serpentine belt, will the starter crank it over)?

If it cranks, the PS crap should not be the issue. Put a charger on it (or a jump) and see what it does. Two days or working on it could drain the battery if you have the underhood light active, have doors open, etc etc.

Otherwise, you might have interupted the starter interlock circuit, which will act like a kill switch and keep you from cranking.

Good luck.

thanks for the help hissin,

I actually figured out what it is, my aftermarket coil went out :nonono:
Went put the stocker on started fine, however the spark plugs are still gapped for the aftermarket coil.. im guessing it should be fine since I have the aftermarket wires.

Oh and the power steering finally quieted down all is good

Dont buy sct livewire coil kit, I guess they just dont last long