Car wont crank =(

..well its been about 4months since it has and i finished putting it back together ...i unpluged the dist and turned the key over a couple times makin sure im getting oil pressure..And when i plugged it back up it turned over then just dies out.....could this be caused by bad fuel ? fuel hasn't been changed..thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Definately check your fuel pressure, turn the KOEO and see if it goes to about 40psi and holds that. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad fuel pressure regualor. It would start then immediately die out. The fuel pressure would jump right up to 40 psi and then start bleeding off.

I thought you ment the one in between the rails. The one from the fenderwell to the fuel rail should be metal with rubber around it if I remember right. Is the line actually damaged or is it not clipped in all the way? Are you getting like a hissing noise when you turn the key on?

n/m its a really hard plastic hi press also....how much of the kit am i going to have to get do i need all the way to the inj? also how far back do i need it seems like it goes all the way down the fenderwall to the tank am i going to need that also?

Either take one off a junked car, or buy new at the dealer.
Last time I checked, you have to replace the whole line from fuel tank forward.(the coupling are machine swedge because of the high pressure) that was a couple years ago, maybe someone makes a repair kit now ??

I agree, try the junk yard. If I remember right, you shouldn't have to replace it all the way back to the tank, the ones under the car are solid metal, so there has to be somewhere you can take it apart at and just change the line between the solid line going to the tank and the solid line to the fuel rail.

Mine died last spring. The Ford dealer told me they were no longer available & NAPA sold everyhthing except one for the Stang. It runs from the lower inside of the shock tower to the fuel rail in a U shape. The tool is inexpensive. I used hi-pressure (90psi) rubber fuel line double clamped. I figured if they were dead on mine the junk yard model probably wouldn't be far behind. I would have bought new if I could have located it.