car wont start, help

5.0stangTn

Feb 11, 2003
Okay this weekend i drove my 90 5.0 lx on a 4 hour drive friday and on a 4 hour drive back sunday. well i go to get in the car this morning and it wont start, could hear fuel pump kick on when i turned on the ignition. car would just turn over and over. Check engine light has been on a while for mass airflow sensor. well anyways after work today i pulled a plug wire of my truck and conected it from my coil to my distributer and car fired up. well i took plug wire back to parts store cause it had warranty and stuck the new one on my car and it wouldnt start again? what do you guys think it could be?

chris

• Sponsors (?)

5.0stangTn said:
Okay this weekend i drove my 90 5.0 lx on a 4 hour drive friday and on a 4 hour drive back sunday. well i go to get in the car this morning and it wont start, could hear fuel pump kick on when i turned on the ignition. car would just turn over and over. Check engine light has been on a while for mass airflow sensor. well anyways after work today i pulled a plug wire of my truck and conected it from my coil to my distributer and car fired up. well i took plug wire back to parts store cause it had warranty and stuck the new one on my car and it wouldnt start again? what do you guys think it could be?

chris
what are you talking about? you used the trucks coil? im confused, did you take your trucks wire off of the truck and put it on the coil in the car and on the distributor on the car? sounds like a coil