Car won't start

purple95stang

Feb 20, 2002
Auburn, GA
Anyone know the simple things to check for car not starting. The motor will rotate but not start. We changed the rotor button and distributer cap, car is getting spark and fuel. For the last week the car has been shutting off as soon as it cranks, but then cranks and runs fine. The guy at the local auto parts said that it sounded like the ignition module. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

it happend to my 4 days ago. the problem was ignition module. i didn't fix it yet coz i don't have the money to do it and the weather sucks big time so i'm thinking to do it later this week

You might also want to check the stator in the distributor. It's the part under the rotor, with wires going to it. Mine went last summer and it took me 3 weeks and almost $500 to figure it out. Drove me nuckin' futs!!! Even the guy at the shop my dad uses for his trucks couldn't figure it out. Changing this requires removing the distributor, and then removing the shaft from it, so make sure you mark the original position of everything. I'd start here, since it's only about a $35 part, and I believe the ignition module is a bit more. Good luck!

check your fuel swtich in the trunk, my friends car had pressure in the rails but it wouldnt start because the switch got hit by accident, i could be wrong, but just a suggestion