Car won't start

fastaggie

Dec 17, 2003
Houston
Guys, I'm a regular on the classic forum with a 66 Shelby 350GTH clone powered by a 93 GT HO drivetrain. I have a 94 Town Car with the modular motor that was handed down to my youngest son that is giving him a problem. Cold, it starts up and runs fine but once it's warmed up if you kill it it won't restart until it sits for several hours. It turns over fine. It just won't fire. I've looked at several threads on this forum and tried to do a search but all I could find related to the IAC. Could this be my problem? Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd be willing to bet it is but some more info on the problem is needed. The car should start but not stay running. You would have to give it gas for it not to kill. And usually it works fine while warm it is during a cold start-up where it gives you problems.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Today it won't start even cold but when it does start up it runs fine. No missing or rough idle. Saleen 181, I don't think you can vapor lock a fuel injected motor. I suspect it's an ignition problem but was hoping it was a common problem on these motors. It's got right at a hundred thousand miles on it but excellent compression and no oil conlsumption. Any more suggestions or input appreciated.