Car won't start?

PUNISHER RACING

Aug 27, 2007
FORD CITY, PA.
I am trying to help out a friend of mine. He was having trouble with a car of his that was not starting and eating batteries. Car wouldn't start for like 10 days then outta nowhere it fires with a jump box on it. He takes car to Ford garage cause it is running like crap they said the computer is corrupt. They put a new computer in the car and new battery and can't get the car to even fire. He gets car towed home and while cranking and playing with pedal it fires and runs perfect for 5 minutes then shakes real bad and flutters shuts off and hasn't run since. Car turns over fine but only tries to run if you pump the gas pedal. I was told by other mechanics that these cars had bad wiring on the column and a wire and connector pack that runs from battery to injector harness and to intake harness that went bad. Anyone had a similar problem? car is an 01 GT:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i am no expert but if pumping the gas keeps in running i would lean towards a full deliever issue. I would test the harness at the injector to see if you are getting good voltage at each one then take it from there

I am trying to help out a friend of mine. He was having trouble with a car of his that was not starting and eating batteries. Car wouldn't start for like 10 days then outta nowhere it fires with a jump box on it. He takes car to Ford garage cause it is running like crap they said the computer is corrupt. They put a new computer in the car and new battery and can't get the car to even fire. He gets car towed home and while cranking and playing with pedal it fires and runs perfect for 5 minutes then shakes real bad and flutters shuts off and hasn't run since. Car turns over fine but only tries to run if you pump the gas pedal. I was told by other mechanics that these cars had bad wiring on the column and a wire and connector pack that runs from battery to injector harness and to intake harness that went bad. Anyone had a similar problem? car is an 01 GT:shrug:

I have seen one type of failure. There are a couple of disconnect blocks that disconnect the engine wiring harnesses from the firewall wires. These connectors can get wet if you decide to pressure-wash the engine bay, or whatever. Find them and open them up. Any green stuff in there? If so, clean them thoroughly (pipe-cleaners work but you need something with a bit of roughness, say a wire-type pipe cleaner if you can find such a thing. Once you clean them carefully, some dielectric grease and things might be working again...

However, it is also possible you have a bad fuel pump from the description, and it could possibly be other things as well. I doubt the computer was bad, however...