car wont start

nyr923

Nov 17, 2005
i have a 92 mustang it has some bolt ons and is my daily driver. i came home parked it and then went to start it 10 minutes later and it wouldnt start. i checked for spark and the plugs are getting power. i pulled out one of the spark plugs and it looked fine. that day i couldnt hear the fuel pump turning on but when i tried to start the car but today i heard the pump turn on when ever i turned the key to the on position. i changed the fuel pump to a walbro 255lph pump about 4 years ago and put in a msd pro billit distributor and blaster coil almost 2 years ago. im running out of ideas of what it could be im going to try to check the fuel filter and see if fuel is getting to the injectors tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, fire equals air+fuel+spark. It's gotta be one of those. Even if it was way out of time it would still do something, backfire, something. You checked spark. Try fuel pressure gauge on the shrader valve or at least see if it squirts fuel when you press it. When you check the plugs are they wet? Is it possible it's just flooded? Hold it to the floor to turn off the injectors, that'll clear it if it's flooded. I guess it could be mechanical. Timing chain jumped time maybe? Even though you'd think it would still fart through the pipes.

Same thing happened to me two months ago. I had spark. I had fuel at the rail. But my injectors were not firing. It was the damn computer. I replaced it...vroom vroom.

The injectors share one constant hot wire and the computer switches them to ground to fire them. If you test that hot wire to ground on the battery and you have 12v...you either have a bad computer or a broken ground wire.

ok i got it to start this morning and at idle the fuel pressure was about 36 psi.

i checked the codes from the computer using the check engine light and the following codes came up:

Key On, Engine Off
-85-canister purge solenoid circuit failure

Key On, Engine Running
-94- thermactor air system inoperative-left side
-44-thermactor air system inoperative-right side
-34-evp voltage above closed limit

not really sure what these mean

(these codes are from the 89-93 mustang chilton manual)

thanks for all the help

started up again this morning, i drove around for about 10 minutes and then checked the codes when i got back and only 1 of the codes from yesterday came up and 2 new ones came up.

KOEO
-85- canister purge solenoid circuit failure
-67- neutral/drive switch open

KOER
-91- HEGO sensor indicates system lean