Carb choice: Demon, Edelbrock, or Holly?

I am looking to purchase a carb that had good performance, but not necessarily a racing carb; something with a good mixture of tunibility, performance, and ease of use. Any ideas? I have a 302 that I plan on buy a 4B intake soon. That's another decision, the intake. Any good combinations???:D

• Sponsors (?)

I vote Holley or Demon

I have used all of these and the Edelbrook is a great carb but I prefer being able to really tune on one and the other are easier. I have a Demon Vac. sec. right now and cant wait to try it out. If you want to save some money on an intake you can do an Ebay search for "ford polished intake" and you'll see a seller with new "professional Products" dual planes. I bought one and have been impressed with it but until this car moves I cant say much more. I would suggest buying a new or nearly new carb though whichever way you go..Bunch of junk out there.

Shakin66 said:
I have used all of these and the Edelbrook is a great carb but I prefer being able to really tune on one and the other are easier. I have a Demon Vac. sec. right now and cant wait to try it out. If you want to save some money on an intake you can do an Ebay search for "ford polished intake" and you'll see a seller with new "professional Products" dual planes. I bought one and have been impressed with it but until this car moves I cant say much more. I would suggest buying a new or nearly new carb though whichever way you go..Bunch of junk out there.

I agree, the edelbrock is ok, But the past 3 carbs I have bought have been Demons, And I have excellent results with them, If you order the correct carb for your application from them, it comes pretty close to right on, And adjusting them is very easy.

jes72mustang said:
If ease of use is primary, go with the edelbrock, they are basically a plug and play carb, very little conitual tuning needed after initial set-up.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Here we go again. :D Holleys also don't require constant tuning and they are just as easy to set up. I had THREE Holleys on my 331 in my Ranger and I went a whole year without having to touch them. Then when the tune did get out of whack, it wasn't the carbs. Only thing that gets a Holley out of tune, is dirty fuel, or water in the fuel. 99.9% of the rest of the time, it's the rest of the motor that's out of tune ( ignition or timing) Once you set a Holley, LEAVE IT ALONE. :bang:

killer medic said:
I am looking to purchase a carb that had good performance, but not necessarily a racing carb; something with a good mixture of tunibility, performance, and ease of use. Any ideas? I have a 302 that I plan on buy a 4v intake soon. That's another decision, the intake. Any good combinations???:D
Good combo? Ford Racing A321 intake, topped with a Holley list 1850, 600 cfm 4bbl, or a 570 Street Avenger. With either, make sure to buy a secondary spring assortment and play with it to get the secondaries open sooner. The 1850 for sure, they come with a stiff sec. spring ( black) put in a white or purple. And if you don't understand carbs, get a Holley manual with it. And run at least one inline fuel filter, two's better.:nice:

Decided to put that 2 grand intom the 67 eh, good luck with that. I dont know but I got a killer deal on a slightly used Demon 650 mech secondaries with an edelbrock RPM intake. Got it for $150. The engine is currently in "build" stage so I geuss I'll see how it dose.

BTW: If I hadn't gotten a deal on the carb, I probly would have gon Vac secondaries.

Tyler

all three carbs are very good, but i prefer the edelbrock carb. mostly because they have more tunability than the holley or the demon, but they also have more room for mistakes in the tuning process than the holley or the demon. all three carbs dont require constant tuning, but they do require good fuel filters to prevent being gummed up with junk.

I have had all three carbs on my vehicles at one time or another. I started with Holley back in the 80's and still perfer them. They other carbs are not bad in my mind, but I have had the best luck with my Holleys.