Carb Parts Help

duo_z

Jan 24, 2009
I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm using the Autolite 4100 480cfm carb that came with my car. I have some experience working on carbs but mostly motorcycle carbs. So I started researching and checking out my 4100 today to see what problems I might run into and found I'm missing something. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the name of this part?

View attachment 200569
View attachment 200570

I know what it does but I don't know what I should search for. Where could I find another one? I also have a 600cfm 4100 carb that came with my car would they transfer over or are they specific to the type? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a place to buy one or will I need to find an old carb to get it from? If I have to find an old carb can it just be from a 480cfm model or does it have to be from a 480cfm model off a Mustang not a Galaxy?

Any 4V should have one that wil 'fit', whether it will be the right meter size is another story. I've never tried it, but a primary set might even fit. Calibration will be your issue. The Factory Service Manual lists them by application.

I used the junky caliper I have at home and measured the main hole diameter of the venturi on both the 600cfm and the 480cfm. I found the 600cfm has a diameter of .542" and the 480 has a diameter of .535". Looks like I will be looking for another 480cfm 4100 for parts. Any one have one lying around?