Carbon buildup

• Sponsors (?)

I have a set of Comp Cams valvesprings with 130lbs. pressure I obtained free of charge. Would these be too much for an E303 cam? I don't know much about spring rates, but I do know improper rates can dramatically effect power. Thanks, sorry to trail off topic. Didn't want to start another thread.

Part number is 950-16. If anyone has a reason these won't work, please inform me of it.

Use gasoline soaked brillo pad. The gasoline dissolves the carbon and the pad scrapes it off. Take you a long time to clean a set of heads like that though.

Better off taking it to a machine shop and forking over $40 bucks to have it tanked.

IntenseBlue said:
I have a set of Comp Cams valvesprings with 130lbs. pressure I obtained free of charge. Would these be too much for an E303 cam? I don't know much about spring rates, but I do know improper rates can dramatically effect power. Thanks, sorry to trail off topic. Didn't want to start another thread.

Part number is 950-16. If anyone has a reason these won't work, please inform me of it.

Some hot tanks I have used have acid in it that will eat away aluminum so we couldn't put in aluminum heads or anything. It was old school, most new tanks I have seen is mainly just hot water or maybe with some mild detergent.

Or if you got a pressure washer or steam genie would be even better, (a HOT Water pressure washer)