Carbon fiber hood painted!lotsa pics and 3 vids

PonyboyIsaac said:
If any of u guys have suggestions on how to keep plexi scratch free i'm open for suggestions.

What about cutting a piece of that clear 3M bug guard to fit? Then when it gets scratched or hazed, you can just pull it off and put a new piece on.

• Sponsors (?)

Jinx102672 said:
What about cutting a piece of that clear 3M bug guard to fit? Then when it gets scratched or hazed, you can just pull it off and put a new piece on.
ha i did that already once, well tried to anyway, bought some from here http://www.xpel.com/, but my brother and i tried to put it on and pretty much sucked at it:rlaugh:, we thought it would be as easy as putting tint on a regular window but it wasnt. I'm gonna buy some more and have a professional put it on next time :rolleyes: .
And tonto, a little light would look sweet at night but i dont know how much of a rice factor it would have:nono::lock: :eek:

supastang03 said:
that is sick man. i like it alot, good job.

did you do that window thing yourself? if not where did you buy that..
i had a local glass shop in my town do it. First time he did it and he did a good job. He looked at me like i was crazy when i told him what i wanted to do:p

AWSOME! That looks very nice man....definatly original :nice: . Im sure you could replace the plexi down the line anyways were it to get smashed or scratched...but the 3M stuff is a good idea.

Any issues with fogging up like after a rain or when the temps are MUCH colder outside than the inside of the engine bay...or vica versa?

hotmustang331 said:
AWSOME! That looks very nice man....definatly original :nice: . Im sure you could replace the plexi down the line anyways were it to get smashed or scratched...but the 3M stuff is a good idea.

Any issues with fogging up like after a rain or when the temps are MUCH colder outside than the inside of the engine bay...or vica versa?

thanks man, and yeah when i washed it on monday because it got all dusty and birds pooped on it:mad: , the inside of the window fogged up a little, but by the time i was drying it, the foggyness had gone away. It actually looked kinda cool fogged up though.