carbon fiber hoods on stangs

• Sponsors (?)

shippping wieght was 16 lbs I think. Pretty sure the hood only wieghs in at 9 lbs, the packaging wieghed almost as much as the hood. At least my Mach hood any how.

speedfreak98r said:
Wheres that one guy..Cant remember his name. The one with the c/f hood with the little window..His hood is nice.
Hes got the same hood as me, he just painted it, and did the love it or hate it window.

DisposableHero said:
this is my car... i originally wanted to paint it, but since i got it used for really cheap it has a crack that my body guy didnt want to paint over. well now the look grew on my and really matches my black convertable top

[/img]

Got any other pictures of your car with that hood? I thought I had decided on the Cervini's cowl, but after seeing your car, I'm undecided again. This is driving me crazy, maybe if I see a few more pics I'll finally decide for sure. I had ordered a VIS cowl, but it was on backorder, and after 2 1/2 months, I cancelled cause I got it on ebay from a rice shop in Cal. and was starting to worry my money was gonna disappear

I've seen some CF hoods I like.
attachment.php

attachment.php

mustangkid05 said:
yea they got that hood on ebay right now

Careful with that. That's the hood I had bought on ebay, if the seller is Carbon Innovations or JTR Sport, I paid for the hood the first week of May, and just cancelled this week, because the 2 to 4 week wait they promised turned into over 2 months and still no hood and no idea when they would have it :bang:

myponyrocks said:
Pretty sure the hood only wieghs in at 9 lbs, the packaging wieghed almost as much as the hood.

HOLY CRAP! 9 lbs? Is that accurate? I can't believe this. Talk about weight saving! My stock hood is probably 50 lbs.

I'm officially interested in this subject now. So the CF hood could be painted to match the color of my car just like the regular hood, right? But at 9 lbs, is it actually durable? Is the whole thing made out of CF or is it just a layer of CF on top of fiberglass?

I gotta get me one... because "it's better to cut down 100 lbs than gain 20 horse powers," especially in the front of the car.

GT12207 said:
HOLY CRAP! 9 lbs? Is that accurate? I can't believe this. Talk about weight saving! My stock hood is probably 50 lbs.

I'm officially interested in this subject now. So the CF hood could be painted to match the color of my car just like the regular hood, right? But at 9 lbs, is it actually durable? Is the whole thing made out of CF or is it just a layer of CF on top of fiberglass?

I gotta get me one... because "it's better to cut down 100 lbs than gain 20 horse powers," especially in the front of the car.

yes they are about 4 times lighter than a stock hood and still way lighter than a fiberglass hood. I put a carbon hood on my probe gt and it was unbelievable how much lighter it was. I thought the cervinis fiberglass cobra hood on my stang would be light but its almost as heavy as stock.

and yes you can paint over carbon fiber and you would never tell the difference except when you open up the hood, because you will almost flip it on the roof its so light:p and they are very durable as well just dont go trying to break it. And the whole hood is actually carbon fiber you can see the weave on both sides.

there is no reflection off the weave, the company I got it from the hood is exceptionally nice. A nice thick layer of clear over the weave and the underside is a solid black.

definately worth the cash.

Oh and that Saleen is for sale right now, pretty good deal on MPH, talk to Blitzkrieg

myponyrocks said:
I'm on the fence honestly. I think what a few people have done... painting the hood but leaving some CF looks really awesome. I'd like to do something like that eventually, but for now I just dropped mad coin on the hood... I'm not gonna paint it and I don't mind the comments. I was actually surprised how many compliments I've got. So far the only negative has been on the internet. :SNSign:

Well im gonna try and knock you off that fence to the side thats labeled "dont paint it!", cause it looks SWEET the way it is.
:nice: