Carbon Fiber hoods un-painted too ricey?

• Sponsors (?)

Leave it unpainted. I think that looks great on a black car. I do like them even on other colors. It reminds me of the flat black hoods on the muscle cars back in the late 60s early 70's.

Like MustangMusser says it's yours do what you like. You can always get it, put it on, cruise it unpainted and if you don't like it then get it painted. :nice:

dkshadow said:
:bs: You a hater!

CF looks sweet IMO on dark colors. If I had the money Id buy this and leave it unpainted. http://www.importfan.com/product.asp?0=0&1=0&3=4583 :nice:

It was priced cheaper before I dunno why it went up :notnice:

I went to that page, but it doesn't show the pricing unless I'm missing something. What are they charging for that? I'd almost get rid of my Steeda Q400 hood for that.

Im digging that hood as well. I also have a black car... Hmmm... Personally I think a carbon fiber hood on a stock car as far as suspension (not lowered) and stock rims would look out of place and ricey, but if it is lowered and has rims on with tint, then it could made to look good. I mean... If that is ricey, then what do you call our fake hook scoop?

nickthegenius said:
I went to that page, but it doesn't show the pricing unless I'm missing something. What are they charging for that? I'd almost get rid of my Steeda Q400 hood for that.
yes no price yet..I saw it on Ebay before..I would assume around 5-600 :shrug: looks good tho..I'm sure even better quality than saleen

If you think about it, this is probably a better buy IF you have a black car. A fiberglass hood is going to run you about 300-400 dollars anyway, and then getting it painted and matched is another 150-300. So, carbon fiber lets you not wait on the paint shop and looks decent. At least on black import cars. Carbon fiber trunk with bronze rims on a white wrx looks amazing. Only that car can pull off that look.

I am sorry but if you do not call it rice then you just have $hity taste.

Hi my name is stupid. I have a red car, but I have a black/gray hood. Oh wait, it is carbon fiber so it is ok :rolleyes:

I have seen several cars that were not black that had cf hoods, and IMO it looked absolutely rediculous. The only reason that it might be ok on black is because the colors would closely match. Even then, it would be pushing it.

DrK MrK iV said:
Im digging that hood as well. I also have a black car... Hmmm... Personally I think a carbon fiber hood on a stock car as far as suspension (not lowered) and stock rims would look out of place and ricey, but if it is lowered and has rims on with tint, then it could made to look good. I mean... If that is ricey, then what do you call our fake hook scoop?

Yes, I think our fake hood scoop is total rice! Also a pain in the butt when you wash your car, etc.

Also, for the record...I wouldn't even be considering it if I had a color other than black for my car. My windows are tinted, and I plan on getting some nice wheels also (most likely 17's...possibly 18's...bullitts or replica saleen's black)

For all the guys who scream rice...can you tell me what defines rice? To me its always been non-functional upgrades and "over the top" cosmetic horrors. How is a tasteful carbon fiber hood either? (on a black car). It actually functions and won't stick out from the vehicle like a sore thumb.

Slider said:
Hi my name is stupid. I have a red car, but I have a black/gray hood. Oh wait, it is carbon fiber so it is ok :rolleyes:
[sarcasm]
Yeah, this whole rice things started back in the '60s. Look at this rice here on this 69 1/2 440 Six Pak Super Bee:

706pk.jpg

Damn, that looks rediculous. Oh, wait, heres another a '70 Cuda AAR:

Green1.jpg

[/sarcasm]

nickthegenius said:
[sarcasm]
Yeah, this whole rice things started back in the '60s. Look at this rice here on this 69 1/2 440 Six Pak Super Bee:

Damn, that looks rediculous. Oh, wait, heres another a '70 Cuda AAR:
[/sarcasm]

:owned: :nice: :banana: