Carbon Fiber hoods un-painted too ricey?

• Sponsors (?)

nickthegenius said:
I went to that page, but it doesn't show the pricing unless I'm missing something. What are they charging for that? I'd almost get rid of my Steeda Q400 hood for that.
Right now its priced at $900 on their website :notnice:

It used to be listed as $650/700, something around there.

just come back from the shop and there was that guy delivering couple of those carbon hoods...they look really good...no prep..fit right away on your car..I was impressed by the quality..I'm thinking of getting one and paint only the fenders sides..

GinoGT said:
I wouldn't call it rice just because it's unpainted. Fake carbon fiber tape on somebody's hood, yes it's rice. Something that's fake and useless is rice. Cutting pounds off the front of your car sure as hell isn't useless.

Amen. Too many of you guys are conservative about many ideas, but this one I think is just absurd.

Either you like the look of unpainted CF or you don't... It's so redundant to argue this point because everyone has their opinion. I don't like cars in any color other than Black, White, Grey, or Dark Blue... does that mean they are any better or worse?

Ford was "rice" enough in the design phase to add several fake scoops to some of our cars... whats so bad about replacing it with something that actually *FUNCTIONS*?

2k3GT said:
Amen. Too many of you guys are conservative about many ideas, but this one I think is just absurd.

Either you like the look of unpainted CF or you don't... It's so redundant to argue this point because everyone has their opinion. I don't like cars in any color other than Black, White, Grey, or Dark Blue... does that mean they are any better or worse?

Ford was "rice" enough in the design phase to add several fake scoops to some of our cars... whats so bad about replacing it with something that actually *FUNCTIONS*?
no red? :(