Carbon or Glass Body Parts: Who Manufactures Some?

DV19

Jul 14, 2004
Cornelius, NC
Hey guys. Newbi here. Just bought a 99' 35th Ann. GT and am going pretty big with it. I've done a fair amount of "searching" on this subject and I've seen some info/posts about "stock" Carbon hoods but I'm looking for more than just a hood.

I need some info on light weight possibly Carbon Fiber body parts (hood/fenders/trunk lid/door panels/everything). I'm sure most of you have seen pics of the 05' GTR? I know most of that stuff was 1-offs but for 99-04 somebody must have the stuff already made? I'm going for that "German Touring Car" look. I know, some of you may not dig it so please don't flame me. That's what I want....

I saw an ad in 5.0 from DMP. He has hoods but he looks like a retail outlet. I'd rather get the stuff direct from the manufacture. Also, any other lightweight stuff you've seen would be helpful. I want to build this car as light as I can, but I need to know who makes what and a contact would be great if you have it........

Thanks in advance for your help,
DV

• Sponsors (?)

Just got off the phone with Cervini's........
All they have are hand-layed Fiberglass hoods that they say are close in weight to the stock hoods and they have the Stalker ground effects kits made from Urathane...... which means they are also heavy....... Dang.... doesn't anybody want to put their Mustang on a diet?

It is so much easier to make your car faster by taking weight off it than it is to bolt more parts into your motor......... If you can find the lightweight parts that is......